1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2)& Sa'ar by Special Hobby/FRROM - released

Homebee

On 1/23/2024 at 3:07 PM, Homebee said:

SMB2.png

@exdraken. now that @Homebee updated the post with pictures of the extra 3D printed parts, is definitely a Shafrir-2, which makes sense for a Sa'ar.

• Like 2

Hi,

Has this kit been released yet? I missed the chance to get the previous one. 

4 hours ago, Fukuryu said:

@exdraken now that @Homebee updated the post with pictures of the extra 3D printed parts, it's definitely a Shafrir-2, which makes sense for a Sa'ar.

Uh-huh... That's right, Werner. The Fukuryu fella is right. I wonder whether or not the one person designing that resin Shafrir missile thing is the same who used to cast resin bits for the Wingman Models Super Kit series of the Kfir offerings.

I'm going to enquire Mr Andreas Klein regarding that.

Cheers,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pajarito said:

Hi Bozo, my mate!

How's everything going up there in the Netherlands like?

Are you getting this kit?

Cheers,

Igna

definitely!

I have the 'French' one, and always had a soft spot for Israeli aircraft.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 4:42 AM, Bozothenutter said:

I have the 'French' one, and always had a soft spot for Israeli aircraft.

Oh? If you haven't built it by April the 1st, then you've got to sell it to me. :pray:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pajarito said:

Oh? If you haven't built it by April the 1st, then you've got to sell it to me. :pray:

At least my kit is safe now :D

!

Was a very enjoyable build!

I am sure the French  🇫🇷 "Early" kit will get a re-release of some sorts!

Don't panic Igna!

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2024 at 3:19 AM, exdraken said:

I am sure the French  🇫🇷 "Early" kit will get a re-release of some sorts!

Don't panic Igna!

Hi Werner,

Yes, indeed. I followed your build thread all along. Quite a superb job you did on your SMB2 kit!

I don't mind having to buy the Sa'ar version, it's only that I didn't ever like the extended "a.r.s.e" on the Israeli jets, like it was the case with the A-4N Ayit.

But I can easily build the French version out of it (sans the decals, of course).

Cheers,

Igna

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, jpk said:

Are SH/A going to re-release this kit anytime soon? I missed it on the initial release.

The upcoming SH48238 SMB-2 Super Mystère 'Sa'ar - Israeli Storm in the Sky' in 1/48 will contain a large number of 3D printed parts. It will be a Hi-tech kit. We worked with MCC company, who prepared the 3D prints for us. The prints are protected by a 'cage', you can see the test parts sprayed with Surfacer in the photos of the presentation pad we had in Nuremberg.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - released - new boxing SMB2 Sa'ar on approach
19 hours ago, Homebee said:

The box art - ref. SH48238 - Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère - Sa'ar - Israeli Storm in the Sky - Hi-Tech kit

Source: https://www.specialhobby.net/2024/03/navrh-krabicky-pro-hi-tech-model.html

SH48238-krabice-Super-Mystere-01.jpg

SH48238-krabice-Super-Mystere-02.jpg

SH48238-krabice-Super-Mystere-03.jpg

V.P.

Any news about the 1/48 Special Hobby SH48223 Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère / French ''Armée de l'Air'' ?

😎

SharkOwl

1 hour ago, SharkOwl said:

Any news about the 1/48 Special Hobby SH48223 Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère / French ''Armée de l'Air'' ?

😎

SharkOwl

That's come and gone (in Azur/Fromm guise)

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

That's come and gone (in Azur/Fromm guise)

I know Bozothenutter but this is on the Hannants (UK) eStore ''future release'' listings, under the Special Hobby label.

SH48223 Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère / French ''Armée de l'Air'' ?

😎

SharkOwl

46 minutes ago, SharkOwl said:

I know Bozothenutter but this is on the Hannants (UK) eStore ''future release'' listings, under the Special Hobby label.

SH48223 Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère / French ''Armée de l'Air'' ?

😎

SharkOwl

interesting....

Going from the work SH did with/for Tarangus, they seem  to split versions between them, Tarangus does the fighters, SH the fighter/bombers.

Tarangus gets no pylons or stores, just as with Azur/Fromm

• 2 weeks later...

Black-bordered yellow panels  and prefix "0" on Israeli Sa'ar were added post-Yom Kippur war; they weren't used during the conflict. Nevertheless, is good to see DP Casper alive and well.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2)& Sa'ar by Special Hobby/FRROM - released

Released - ref. SH48238 - Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère - Sa'ar - Israeli Storm in the Sky - Hi-Tech kit

Sources:

https://www.mn-modelar.com/148-dassault-smb-2-super-mystere-saar-132790

https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/posts/pfbid02qES5BDXmGsjG3S4ubMAn1dhECPx5RsfprqC9SiYuqkaTHXn9heNE9EGub58AAVuTl

437111163-955313939935064-38844034668908

V.P.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Released - ref. SH48238 - Dassault SMB-2 Super Mystère - Sa'ar - Israeli Storm in the Sky - Hi-Tech kit

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/posts/pfbid02qES5BDXmGsjG3S4ubMAn1dhECPx5RsfprqC9SiYuqkaTHXn9heNE9EGub58AAVuTl

V.P.

Are the Snecma Atar 101 G3 engine exhaust pipe parts for the French ''Armée de l'Air'' version of the SMB-2, also available on the sprues of this kit ?

😎

SharkOwl

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Sources:

V.P.

The Mn-modelar link goes nowhere....

19 minutes ago, SharkOwl said:

Are the Snecma Atar 101 G3 engine exhaust pipe parts for the French ''Armée de l'Air'' version of the SMB-2, also available on the sprues of this kit ?

😎

SharkOwl

Middle sprue on the right in the picture.

• Thanks 1