1/48 Academy Hunter FGA9 XG228 RAF Brawdy

Hi everyone.

I've been busy with other stuff this year so haven't had time to build much. I've popped in here occasionally and seen some quality RFIs being posted......I'm itching to get set up and into some plastic surgery again.

In the mean time here's one from the vault. I don't remember much about the build except to say that it's the Academy kit that I picked up locally with half of the Aeroclub correction set included (I think the tail fairing was missing and so I used the kit one). Xtradecals were used for the Brawdy markings.

The trees in the background were felled in 2012.....that's how far back this was.

I hope you like it........comments welcome.

Cheers

Gaz :)

006_zpsrbhtjve2.jpg

004_zpscdtuodpy.jpg

6a65f20a-4a3b-4560-b446-b83954b3fbcb_zps

Hunter%20cockpit_zpsievmga6n.png

DSCF1171_zps8di4umj3.jpg

Edit.......pictures fettled. Lesson - edit them before putting them on Photobucket !

Edited by kiwitrogg
  • Like 23

Hello,Gaz - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Hunter'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she looks resplendent in her chosen scheme and display.I built the Academy Hunter in the 'Black Arrows' scheme and posted her on RFI.It was totally OOB and I really enjoyed that kit very much.All the best from across the miles,Paul.

• Like 1

Very nice clean Hunter, always nice to see a Hunter in 79 Squadron markings!

Cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon, I need to get cracking on a 79 Sqn Hawk to join it. I've got a thing for Brawdy jets :) .

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks for the feedback guys. Pity the pictures are a bit pants.......must do better !

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks Simon, I need to get cracking on a 79 Sqn Hawk to join it. I've got a thing for Brawdy jets :) .

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks for the feedback guys. Pity the pictures are a bit pants.......must do better !

Cheers

Gaz

How about one of these:

JETPROVOST2.jpg

I took that around 1981 I think - across the water at Chivenor!

Cheers

Simon

Edited by SimonR
  • Like 1

How about one of these:

I took that around 1981 I think - across the water at Chivenor!

Cheers

Simon

Absolutely ! :D Plus a grey one, and another grey one with the hand-painted yellow retirement stripes.

Here's my picture from 1989 when I worked on VASS, aka JP flightline.

XS178%20Brawdy_zpsr4biooqf.png

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 2