Dragon M4A1(76)W VVSS 1/72

Hi Pawel, thanks for the kind reply, building tanks is somewhat refreshing between aircraft builds, good luck with your Dragon Panzer III

• Like 1

Thank you Gregor, yes i had the same feeling about the scheme. A single color with much more difficult to make it look interesting.

The few decals were a challenge, some of them really small and getting the stars over the "obstacles" was not so easy.

The next step will be adding more details, hope the weather will improve for better photos.

• Like 1

That looks good Bernd, must admit, I'd never seen a Sherman in two colours, but it sets the tank off nicely,

Sean

• Like 1

Hi Sean, thank you, for the camo scheme i have followed the instructions. There are some M4s in the In Action books with added camo colors too.

Hope its accurate.

Hi, today i was able to do some new photos, showing some more progress. Decals are on, some touch ups were made, detail painting has started and some details like the MG on the turret are added too. Not much, but slight progress is better than nothing. :-) ( the "thing" on pic 01 is a match stick, the light conditions were not too good)

Time for some weathering

16657874817_8af211aedc_b.jpg16839305536_66c470687f_b.jpg16865172885_9013822cf1_b.jpg16245211503_3858bff630_b.jpg

• Like 4

That is looking superb Bernd and the matchstick really shows how small these tanks really are. Lovely paintwork and the decals really bring it to life.

• Like 2

Hi Stix, the Sherman looks quite good so far, the little tank is currenty drying from the first wash, i have applied.

Will post pix soon.

Enjoy this beautiful spring day.

(Hope its spring in the UK too )

• Like 1

Hi Stix, the Sherman looks quite good so far, the little tank is currenty drying from the first wash, i have applied.

Will post pix soon.

Enjoy this beautiful spring day.

(Hope its spring in the UK too )

Hi Bernd,

Your Sherman is looking very good so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with the wash on.

Thank you - Yes it is a lovely day here in the Midlands and I hope you are enjoying your day/evening too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Stix, good to hear(read)! The sunn day was more than needed, after the mostly grey and cold days, the last time.

The weather here was beautiful. We used the day mostly for cleaning the house, my part was cleaning all the windows. Between this, i applied washes not only to the little Sherman. There are coming some new roll outs from my bench, hitting BM hopefully soon.

• Like 1

Hi, after some fighting with a flu, i made yestersay some washes and today some drybrushing. While i am in the middle of this process and the weather is fine, took some photos of the current condition of my tank.

Cheers

Bernd

16767493189_96bf29f8e4_b.jpg16331335594_d5738fa659_b.jpg16746348797_35bb0ccae1_b.jpg

16952757251_05a40b5c6b_b.jpg16331331974_a050612053_b.jpg

• Like 4

Good afternoon Bernd,

Sorry to hear you've been fighting the flu. Hope you're feeling better now.

Like the others have said above; the washes have really done their work - they've really brought it to life. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Nicely done Bernd.

It looks OK, the washes have done its job.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

Thank you Simon, the washes are simple acrylic colors, thinned with water and Revells Acrylic cleaner. The cleaner work better as the thinner. I thinned acrylics some month with it, until i noticed, that i bought the wrong product. The colors for the camo are not acrylics, thats probably the reason, while it worked......

Looking really nice Bernd. The weathering so far is very effective.

Cliff

Thank you Cliff. Thats a low budged weathering but i am quite happy so far :-)

Good afternoon Bernd,

Sorry to hear you've been fighting the flu. Hope you're feeling better now.

Like the others have said above; the washes have really done their work - they've really brought it to life. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, yes i feel much better now and returned to modelling. And i am quite pleased with the result. There are missing still some details and more dust.

While the Sherman is nearly finished and two other builds too, i decided to start a new kit, tonight. If this come true, there will be a new long running WIP here, probably with long breaks in the progress which is typical for me ( see my both Fw 190 )

There is still some time left for another tank for this group build but i am bad in repeating.

Have a great weekend too

Cheers

Bernd