Rick's Shunkmodels 1/48 HH-60J USCG Jayhawk FINISHED

infofrog

Little more update

Here is more parts in primer

Side arm and floaters . I'm not sure if this the proper name . If not ,Can some one correct me .

I used a new airbrush primer . Badger Badger Primer Stynylez. I like it a lot . I added couple drop of water . Sprayed great , drys fast and sands great . This primer is not a filler .

Thanks

Rick

002-16.jpg

The left side exhaust there a miss place hole . I relocated pipe to correct area

Reference photo

mh-60j_6003_04_of_62.jpg

006-8.jpg

As you can see the side arm is installed below . Also in this reference photo . under this nose of this bird . There is a plate and not sure What this part is mounted to the plate is ( Annetta ) . The kit does not have it . There is a lot parts not in this kit ..

mh-60j_6003_57_of_62.jpg

008-6.jpg

001-17.jpg

• Like 2

No I'm not .. I like building them out of the box . I like to keep it stress free and fun to do .

But thank you

Rick

Have you noticed this is nowhere near out of the box; maybe outside of the box due to the great scratch building, but not OOB!

• Like 2

Great build Rick!

Can I borrow some of your ideas when I try a 1/72 scale one soon?

All the best,

Dermot

Yes you can . This shunkmodel is not the best kit .. Manual is poorly done .

Rick

I finishing under the nose . .

Enjoy

Rick

Reference

mh-60j_6003_56_of_62.jpg

003-18.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 2

The front doors , do not fit .. This is going be my down fall on this kit ..

I was hoping to have it in primer this weekend . I don't think so .

Those doors are going suck .

Rick

Those primers are for airbrush ready . I'm using the black primer to brush on , So I can see rough area . This primer dries fast

The self leveling agent in these primers are not good for filling .

I have Tamiya brush primer for filling heavy scratches . But takes hours to set up . Thats the down fall . But its good primer

I'm sure you will be able to get the doors to fit. I have confidence that a simple door will not defeat you. I also hate waiting for primers,paints and putties to dry.

• Like 1

Today I notice out of the blue my build has round hole on right side from factory . Not sure what its for , maybe a different model build .

I checked my reference photos, there is not panel with this round cut hole . Now I'm in process of filling the hole .

Enjoy

Rick

Reference photo

landgeargaurd.jpg

002-19.jpg

004-15.jpg

Here is photo with some photo etch at the wing . I brushed some primer on to set for problem areas.

003-20.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good! Keep plugging away. I know this kit isn't the easiest to work with.

You are correct . The manual is worthless .

Rick

Today I'm working on building a front hood hinge from Photo etch scrape . Reference photo below

Enjoy

Rick

Reference

front.jpg

002-20.jpg

006-10.jpg

Here I trimmed small section from the photo etch to make the hinge .

008-7.jpg

• Like 1

This will test me here . Its super hard . I'm frighten of screwing up the windshield ..

May let this set for day . I will think about it .

I started Humvee build . My wife got me a Humvee for Christmas . I really like it .

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234974399-ricks-humvee-nato-build/

Rick

Just let the putty set and glue set for a day. That way everything will be in a set place and you will know where to go from there. You won't screw it up, I have confidence in you. Just take your time with it. I will take a look at your Humvee now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just let the putty set and glue set for a day. That way everything will be in a set place and you will know where to go from there. You won't screw it up, I have confidence in you. Just take your time with it. I will take a look at your Humvee now.

note:

This front window made me want throw this kit in the trash ..

Thanks george , Thats what I did . Slowly worked it . Not perfect , but I need to move on . I hope when the paint comes , it will smooth out . I will see .

Some updates .

Front window and right door installed, brushed on some black primer . Added some Photo etch .

Enjoy

rick

006-11.jpg

005-15.jpg

004-16.jpg

003-22.jpg

002-23.jpg

001-21.jpg

• Like 1