Pocher 1/8 Rolls Royce Sedanca - It's arrived!

roymattblack

Back in 1988, for my 21st birthday, i had a choice of either the Pocher Merc 540 Cabrio in white, or an Atari ST (1MEG RAM, double sided double density floppy drive AND the TV modulator..)

The Atari won, & i wanted a Pocher car since that day....

GREEN WITH ENVY!!!!!!

(any interior shots?? )

A few pics of some of the parts.

I genuinely don't want to get everything out of the box as I did that yesterday (foolishly!) and it took me an AGE to get it packed away again.

As I mentioned, there are 43 trees of plastic parts and loads of other bags of bits.

1059 brass bits, 430 steel bits and 256 bits in 'other' materials - NOT plastic......

It has:

Engine internals - working crankshaft/pistons etc via starting handle.

Gears and belts etc that turn the fan and generator. (which has a detailed INSIDES, coincidentally!)

working steering

Working brakes via foot pedal, on all 4 wheels with brake shoes,

working handbrake with separate brake shoes.

Working steel suspension - made up from umpteen leaves and shackles.....

working lights via dashboard switches

working windows via handles.

working door handles and opening doors

fabric drop-head that works.

steel wheels separately spoked, each spoke having end nipples.

Jaw-dropping stuff.

I've ordered a few add-on goodies from 'Pocher-parts' and a DVD ROM that has mega-detailed instructions and tips/help for sorting out the kits dodgy bits - of which there are apparently lots.....

I'm going to paint it dark blue/mid grey two-tone.

Roy.

P1010123_zps5651f2a5.jpg

P1010124_zpsda52b509.jpg

• Like 1

Goodness! That looks as complicated as building a real car with the added hindrance of being full of fiddly small parts! Very much looking forward to following your progress with this whenever you begin.

I've just been reading the instructions a bit more closely....

The camshaft has to be assembled with all the rockers, push-rods and real springs, and the crankshaft/big ends have separate journals that all need bolting together!!!!!

A couple of the instruction panels below.......

EEEKKKK......

Roy.

Image3_zps698aa091.jpg

Image2_zps6b04b530.jpg

Just to give you all a few more giggles - although it scares me a bit.

A few more instruction stages.....

The instructions runs to 31 pages like this.

They are more a kind of engineering drawing, rather than kit instructions.

I'm getting SORELY tempted to make a start......

Roy.

222_zps836a652b.jpg

111_zpsd249ee5f.jpg

Edited by roymattblack

• 1 year later...

Lovely model, I have just acquired one in South Africa and await its arrival later this year - Now to start reading up and seeing what parts are available - Are there UK suppliers of parts?

Wayne

Lovely model, I have just acquired one in South Africa and await its arrival later this year - Now to start reading up and seeing what parts are available - Are there UK suppliers of parts?

Wayne

Yes there is; Peter Donney is a class gent to deal with - I have. You can reach him at Peter@Pocherparts,com.

Also Modelmotorcars.com in Florida US; Marvin is also a class gent with magnificent aftermarket parts. and regularly ships overseas.

If it helps there are 26+ pages and near 500 photos of angst and toil in my Sedanca build seen here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234961409-a-big-rolls-royce/

Be sure to post a WIP of your own. Be advised that Roy owns a very early kit, seen here and there are many pitfalls with that. If you have the same box, you do too. Problem areas can be seen in my thread.

Thanks Codger, I have seen your thread, it is bookmarked - Also looking to get the Koo CD.

Might you have an idea of the weight of the kit, a friend is picking it up on his way here and needs an idea of weight allowance to leave for it, Thanks Wayne

Thanks Codger, I have seen your thread, it is bookmarked - Also looking to get the Koo CD.

Might you have an idea of the weight of the kit, a friend is picking it up on his way here and needs an idea of weight allowance to leave for it, Thanks Wayne

Contact Mr Roy. He has a new-in-box kit. My box disintegrated over a year ago.