Halcyon dropship

hey guys just wanted to show a kit of which me and my father were working on with a UD-4L dropship from the movie aliens this kit needed a lot of work and lots of extra detail but very worth it. full opening and folding weapons pods! photos below

20130616_122949_zps89ba2a10.jpg20130611_195624_zps74cf6b9a.jpg20130616_123318_zpsf64c8c0c.jpg20130616_123359_zps12d7b747.jpg20130617_2204320_zps6d85c39f.jpg20130630_225306_zpsebeb4771.jpg20130701_180030_zpsae1d64f0.jpg20130701_180129_zps8ef015ba.jpg20130701_180044_zps7a4250d4.jpg

• Like 2

very nicely done guys! I tried this kit out a few years ago and did a half baked inside too - mine came out no where near as nice as yours. How did you make your missile wings able to swing like that?

Well im glad you like!.... to do the folding weapons pods I had to cut a lot put of the missile arms..once done a small radio control kavan hinge was glued in place slightly trimmed for realistic travel then the arms were then folded and glued to ensure proper fit

Ironically enough I can't say the kit has been as bad as some recent models all makes included. definiately not the worst kit on the market..... but if your looking for a little challenge and a model to do plenty to, I recommend picking one up. My father and I enjoyed ours very much! :)

The missiles are just cut up sprew and shaped haha nothin special...to answer kallista's question tge model from measurements me and my father took is slightly smaller than 72nd scale so the apc kit with the accurate detail inside does not fit sadly :( but without the side ramp it fits perfect lovely apc btw nice job :)

Edited by Richard Stephens

Very nicely done! I remember when I bought the kit when it came out - how dissapointed I was: It strongly reminded me of Imai Thunderbird kits only that there were no springload functions ;-) I really expected a lot more detail - especially for the price. I also had the feeling it is too small for 1:72.

I too cut the bay open and detailed it - but it never convinced me (yours is great). Cockpit was sourced from an Italeri AH Cobra and at some point (the missiles?) I lost interest :-( Still waits for finishing, though I think I need to redo the bay first.

:goodjob:

Most of the cockpit detail was just scratch built we used the old seats slightly modified to increase interest I would love a bigger scale of this kit though :)