Nichimo 1/48 Hawker Hunter F6

007wales

Anyone familiar with Nichimo 1/48 Hawker Hunter F6.Could not find much googleing it but for someone saying it was one of the worst kits they had ever seen.Some of Nichimos kits are not that bad with a little detailing.Is it totally hopeless or can something be done with it.Thanks for any comments or opinions.

Anyone familiar with Nichimo 1/48 Hawker Hunter F6.Could not find much googleing it but for someone saying it was one of the worst kits they had ever seen.Some of Nichimos kits are not that bad with a little detailing.Is it totally hopeless or can something be done with it.Thanks for any comments or opinions.

Hi, I have got one in the stash, basically its almost beyond redemption, its a re-box of the old Lindberg kit and i'm not sure it would be worth the trouble of attempting, especially as the italeri 1/48 Hunter is imminent.

Would be interested to see if anybody here has actually attempted the kit though!

Cheers

Simon

Hi, I have got one in the stash, basically its almost beyond redemption, its a re-box of the old Lindberg kit and i'm not sure it would be worth the trouble of attempting, especially as the italeri 1/48 Hunter is imminent.

Would be interested to see if anybody here has actually attempted the kit though!

Cheers

Simon

I built one back in the late 80s, and from I remember it was nasty. Best left to kit collectors.

cheers

jonners

Cheers

Simon

I built one in 1963, the old Lindbergh Black Arrows version and was very happy with it back then as a 13 year old! I have an unmade one of these for old times sake. I think it needs a bit of TLC to make a proper model though. Much better to go with the Academy/Italeri one. Incidentally, does anyone remember the Merit kit in 1/48th?

Hi, I have got one in the stash

Same here, seem to recall it was the only 1/48th Hunter in the game, hung onto mine for ages & then the Academy ones came out (with problems all of itsown of course :lol: )

ps- First post, Hi every one!

Edited by Major Neuheim

Gosh, I remember one from the guts of 30 years ago (did I just say "30 yrs ago"?) opened the box, saw the pebble dash finish and threw it in the bin. In saying that, I have built the 1/48 Kate and it's not half bad nor is the Ki 45 Nick. Oh dear, I suddenly feel aged. :pipe:

I have one half built, trying to make something of it. I'm tempted to do it wheels up in Black Arrows markings. It's a dog, but I refuse to let stuff defeat me. If I can do Pegasus EAP and Mach 2 Valiant, I can beat this POS!

I had one years ago about 1973, I built and painted it and from about 6 feet it looked somewhat like a Hunter F6. Either relax. take deep breaths and just let it go or wait for the Italeri offspring.

I'm after one really cheap for potential parts for a Hawker P.1052/P.1081 if anyone here wants to get rid of theirs.

The bits may not be of use, hence my tightwad 'really cheap' request...PM me if you can help. Just need the main airframe parts.

Don McIntyre posted some pics of the Lindberg Hunter in a thread here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48203

which is where I have quoted this pic from, the shapes look OK, and the breakdown here is probably of help, with wings attaching outside the intakes and the separate rear fuselage.

NichimoHunterParts.jpg

A chap in Japan has done this using a trumpeter Seahawk.

build here, look for P.1081 [there are quite few neat builds here if you look in the galleries]

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/taka-miura/

some pics here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47751/messa...wker+P1081+1-48

For anyone not up on these and checking this thread out of curiosity, here's a neat little drawing

Seahawk ->P.1052 ->P1081 -> Hunter

450-Hawkers_design_evolution.jpg

P.1052, VX279

Hawker-P.1052.jpg

later converted to the P.1081

x_9574c254.jpg

I was interested to find out the P.1081 crashed about 5 miles from here....

the other P.1052 still exists and is in store at the FAA museum.

cheers

T

Now that I see the pics I remember I've got one in my stash, too, along with a Draken and a Skyray. Nice that we no longer have to start from there!

Troy, thanks for the evolution graphic (and all the other things)- someday I'd love to do the Hawker and Supermarine steps to swept wing fighters.

bob