Revell 1/48 Harrier GR7/9.

Smiffy

Has anyone got the 48th Revell Harrier GR7/9 yet?.

Just wondering if it's a direct reboxing of the Hasegawa 7 or if they've also included the 100% LERX. :hmmm:

Also, while we're on the subject, what differences (visually) are there from the 7 to the 9?

Mike

I would be interested in a set of those. How much for shipping? and how do you want paying.

Also cheers for the heads up on Sprue brothers. Package shipped today and USPS is showing notification from supplier, but too early for tracking yet. Lets just hope the postal services at both ends don't stuff it up.

rich

Mike

I would be interested in a set of those. How much for shipping? and how do you want paying.

Also cheers for the heads up on Sprue brothers. Package shipped today and USPS is showing notification from supplier, but too early for tracking yet. Lets just hope the postal services at both ends don't stuff it up.

rich

Rich

Shipping for the LERX will run $4.55 to you in the UK via Air Mail. It may actually be less and if so I will credit it. I can do paypal for the moment but we will soon have major credit card processing. I can also take well hidden cash. Pics of the finished product will be up on Brit Modeler tomorrow. I am vey happy with it and hopefully you will be too.

On another note, I will bet my last dollar that Sprue Brothers comes through. They are easily the best I have ever bought from.

Mike

Has anyone got the 48th Revell Harrier GR7/9 yet?.

Just wondering if it's a direct reboxing of the Hasegawa 7 or if they've also included the 100% LERX. :hmmm:

Also, while we're on the subject, what differences (visually) are there from the 7 to the 9?

well a seven is like a horizontal line with a line running up at about a 45degree angle ,a nine is much more squiqqly ,like an upside down six,hope that helps!!! :smartass:

Rich

Shipping for the LERX will run $4.55 to you in the UK via Air Mail. It may actually be less and if so I will credit it. I can do paypal for the moment but we will soon have major credit card processing. I can also take well hidden cash. Pics of the finished product will be up on Brit Modeler tomorrow. I am vey happy with it and hopefully you will be too.

Glad its available soon, I look forward to the pics :) you'll definitely be getting an order from me for one! I have two GR7/9 kits on the way from Revell, one will be a T10 and the other a late GR9....hopefully they'll turn up this week.

Any other resin items forthcoming? I realise you may be keen to play your cards close to your chest, but keen to know of your plans if they're well progressed. Particularly interested in any progress on the Typhoon inner wing pylons (and fuselage pylon for the Litening pod if you're able...), along with any other RAF weapons or updates applicable to modern RAF craft - we need Brimstones :D

well a seven is like a horizontal line with a line running up at about a 45degree angle ,a nine is much more squiqqly ,like an upside down six,hope that helps!!! :smartass:

Smart bottom. :P

Thanks for the responses guys.

Mike, PM incoming. ;)

Smiffy

It is a reboxed Hasegawa GR.7 with the 65% LERX but have no fear, I have a 100% LERX available for $10.00 USD plus shipping.

Mike

Hi Mike I would be interested in four sets of 100% LERX for a series of Harriers that I am building. I've just joined Britmodeller so can you advise payment method please. Many thanks.

Jim in Scotland

Hi Mike I would be interested in four sets of 100% LERX for a series of Harriers that I am building. I've just joined Britmodeller so can you advise payment method please. Many thanks.

Jim in Scotland

Hi Jim :welcome: to the site. :)

Quick question, does the Revell kit come with any load out above and beyond what you got with the Hase boxing which from memory was a couple of Winders and the gun pods?

Cheers

Smiffy

It is a reboxed Hasegawa GR.7 with the 65% LERX but have no fear, I have a 100% LERX available for $10.00 USD plus shipping.

Mike

Mike

I have the recent Hasegawa boxing of the GR-7. I want to do the aircraft on the box art. DO I need the 100% LERX? If so how much to ship to Australia?

Quick question, does the Revell kit come with any load out above and beyond what you got with the Hase boxing which from memory was a couple of Winders and the gun pods?

Cheers

No, Its exactkly as it was in the Hasegawa box - apart from the decals and a dodgy paint call out!!

No, Its exactkly as it was in the Hasegawa box - apart from the decals and a dodgy paint call out!!

I just posted this on ARC.....

".....it is of course the hasegawa kit ..thats the good news; bad news is that we are still presented with the 65% LERX's....however, if building a 65% LERX'ed GR9, the kit does at least have the "Frog Eyes".

You will need 100% LERX's if building ZG478 - luckily there will be a 100% LERX issued soon......

The decal sheet is nice with markings for GR9 ZG478 (41 Sqn/FJWOEU), GR7 ZD409/"38" (IV Sqn) and GR9A again ZG478 (AWC) BUT...The colour instructions are naff!!

The call out is for Dark Sea Grey over MEDIUM SEA GREY!!!!

Maybe Revell's MSG is nearer to the correct DARK CAMOUFLAGE GREY?

EDIT: Their mix for this colour is: 75% Grau, Seidenmatt 374 + 20% Dunkelgrau, Seidenmatt 378 + 5% Schilfgrun , Seidenmatt 362. Or you could always use Xtracolor X36 or Humbrol 156!!

At least Revell have made an attempt at naming the main colours I suppose, and its good to note that they and Airfix have also named the colours in their Nimrod (correctly in this case), rather than listing paint numbers...maybe this is a good trend - but only if its accurate!!!

RRP is £16.99 "