Robocain - Robocop 2

Hello people,

I think my build, although not like most of the builds on here, might be of interest. Im 7 months in with about 5/6 months to go, so your all joining the party half way through!

For those of you not familiar with Robocop 2 the film, there is a big bad robot in it called Cain, (

)

This is the real stop motion puppet and what I will be trying to copy

cain1.jpg

cain2.jpg

This is an ambitious project, fourtunatly I found the www.robocoparcive.com which contains a wealth of information, not least a whole bunch of photos of the actual stop motion puppet that was used in the film. I had originally dismissed the project for a lack of photos but now there is enough and a nice chap who took the pictures contacted me and sent me some extra. The original puppet stands about 300mm tall, this seemed too small to me so its a trade off between making it too small and too fiddly and too big which will require huge amounts of machining and metal. Im going for 474mm tall or there abouts, just about 1/6 scale. This will stand quite impressive when finished but not so big it looses its complex detail.

Hope to have yu all onboard and your support will be much appreciated. I update every 3 days or so. Im going to post a few pictures to bring us uptodate, ALL the pics are on my site here www.ukmonsters.co.uk/robocain

Edited by Candyman
  • Like 1

That is absolutely fantastic i always wanted to build an ED209 i still might yet if i can find one

Russ

OK........I am going to go on record and say that this is the most amazing model making I have ever, EVER seen! The precision in which you are milling the parts and keeping them in scale is astounding. How big will it stand when it is finished? To say I am utterly impressed would be a massive understatement!

THANK YOU for sharing your amazing work. I am excited for the next update.

Cheers

Mike

You must have spent a fortune on the metal used to make it. If i were you when its done i would pop some moulds off it and get a few shot up in resin i think you would definately find buyers for them considering the amount of detail its going to have in when complete. Cant wait to see more masterclass in scratch building

Russ

You want to see some of the other stuff he's made

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ryan.coombes/

check out the custom airsoft builds ;)

OMG !! is the only response that came to mind looking at that :gobsmacked:, that and Clarence Bodicker (Robocop villian) saying "Guns Guns Guns" if i come into any money i want to hire him to make me an armoury lol

Russ

check out the custom airsoft builds ;)

I knew that name was familiar! I remember watching those builds on the Airsoft forums that I used to frequent :)

Got my tube through, 3.2mm aluminium, now cut to size and I had to remake a couple of the disks too as they looked wrong.

DSC09076.JPG

all together and straight, tight fit though

DSC09077.JPG

This is the 3rd atempt and took 2 hours, I didnt know how I was going to make it so just had to get stuck in! First take a solid bit of bar and turn a shoulder on the end, then the cone, then drill through the middle, then hold the shoulder and cut a slot one was with the slitting saw, then (with plenty of lube) turn 90 degrees and carefully cut the last slot.

DSC09078.JPG

so thin at the end, very delicate

DSC09080.JPG

now make 5 more exactly the same! they took about 20 mins each, easy when you know how!

DSC09081.JPG

mmmmmmm barrell tipsss

DSC09082.JPG

mounted up,

DSC09085.JPG

sadly no, I work out of my garage, im not an engineer.

sure you are!

Maybe not for a company ... but in your hobby!

That's fantastic engineering work what you're doing there! :thumbsup2:

:popcorn:

Edited by Micha