Nigerian Airfix 1:48 Jaguar

palacefan

Great stuff. Looks like you're going to be spending alot of time detailing this one. She looks great so far.

Tell me, why are you carving out the intake doors? I don't profess to know much about Jaguars....yet...but I do love them so.

You are clearly opening the gear doors to their most . Is this going to be a Jag in take off?

Nice one mate.

Great stuff. Looks like you're going to be spending alot of time detailing this one. She looks great so far.

Tell me, why are you carving out the intake doors? I don't profess to know much about Jaguars....yet...but I do love them so.

You are clearly opening the gear doors to their most . Is this going to be a Jag in take off?

Nice one mate.

Cheers, its getting there.

I am trying to show the doors closed with engine shut off. I carved a bit of the doors away so that i could put plasticard into the recess and they sit flush. This way i dont have to re scribe the hinges.

Just found this picture, why are the flaps not drooped?

0513465.jpg

I just read a Jaguar build report from Scale Aircraft Modelling, June 2003, by Tony O'Toole.

There's a comment in there that parking a Jag with flaps drooped was an offence carrying a punishment of buying drinks in the mess all night!

Probable reason why they always seem to be parked in clean configuration.

Hoping to join in this fun soon with a 1/48 Jag of my own.

I just read a Jaguar build report from Scale Aircraft Modelling, June 2003, by Tony O'Toole.

There's a comment in there that parking a Jag with flaps drooped was an offence carrying a punishment of buying drinks in the mess all night!

lets face it, nobody likes droopy flaps :fraidnot::wicked:

It isn't totally out of the question to have an aircraft parked with the flaps down. It could be parked outside a hanger undergoing maintenance or even be on the line about to have a "snag" fixed...... hydraulic leak for instance. I'm sure the riggers on here could suggest a few more. Besides the Jag does have a particularly sexy set of flaps doesn't it? :wicked:

Although a dew problems with the flaps it is coming along nicely my friend!!!!!

Cutting the flaps is a bit of a lottery, because of the dodgy panel lines on the kit parts. IIRC, you should use the panel lines on the bottom of the wing to get the correct widths of the cut-outs. If course, I only found this out after I'd cut mine out using the top lines :doh:

• 2 months later...

Slowly but surely, a bit more done

PICT0001-18.jpg

a bit dusty

PICT0002-18.jpg

PICT0003-12.jpg

Edited by palacefan

• 2 months later...

I am still going......slowly. Latest progress.

I have made a back to the cockpit to hid the join, not too accurate but it is close enough considering most of it is behind the seat.

The Nigerian ones looked a tiny bit different inside, honest :whistle:;) .

This is number 1 project now so i sould make some faster progress.

Also got those bits of F in tin on the glass, i am starting to hate etched metal.

PICT0092.jpg

PICT0091.jpg

As they never paid for these Jags, did they have British/US/western weapons? from them

Could i put a Soviet weapons load on this do you think, as they usually bought russian weapons and aircraft :shrug:

Wayne, look back through the thread, the static photo might give a few clues.....

Ed

The trouble is Ed that that picture was pre delivery and Sepecat/Bae thought they were going to get paid at that time.

Would it be possible for the Jag to carry Russian weapons?

As they never paid for these Jags, did they have British/US/western weapons? from them

Could i put a Soviet weapons load on this do you think, as they usually bought russian weapons and aircraft :shrug:

Good to see you back in the saddle Wayne.

From references I read, the Jags sat and deteriated after the payment issue. The Jags would have been supplied with the same weapons capabilities as all the other export Jags, but I guess if the NAF had sent them away to Israel etc, they could have been adapted.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Gary, i think i will put some Russian weapons on it just so it is a little different.

After all, not alot is known about these Nigerian Jags so who can say it is wrong.

Well here is where i have got to so far, almost ready for paint.

PICT0132.jpg

PICT0131.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Looks good Wayne. Looking forward to seeing this one painted up :speak_cool:

Gary.

Here you go then Gary, painted apart from the black bits, then the decals that you kindly donated next.

I have just noticed that the guns have the rusty colourin a curve and i have painted them square, so i have to touch that up.

Im running out of time but i think i can get it finished in time.

PICT0204.jpg

PICT0205.jpg

PICT0206.jpg

PICT0207.jpg