This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Thank you for your comment. I like the 031 much better than the revell color. But I have a hang towards the camo beige. Together with the heml dor shadows and some aged white added for highlights, I could achieve a nice range of colors by mixing. Base coats I usually spray very thinned down. So even a complete color redo will not change the detail in any way in the 1/16 scale. Had that with my Jagdpanther. Now worries on that point.

Have you checked out the German camo paint sets that MiG sells? I find a light sand color works best when adding weathering, stops things getting very murky and dark.

;)

I have seen them, but it is not an option for me now. I just look for the most liked (by me of course ;)) base color and then lighten or darken them standardized for the particular application.

Todays job is done, doing hte lower lip. One evergreen 3.2x6.3 placed in horizontally and a 1.5x3.5 to make the lower lip and 1x2.5 to make the splash guard. Then the sides filled with Apoxie Sculpt. Some clean up to come as it is all well cured.

Turretlowerguard3.jpg

The mantlet sits now rather tight and wiht nearly no gap when seen from the front. A single oddity though, while in full elevation the top raiming gap is close to completely even, the lower gap in full depression is wider to one side. But as it is on the bottom we will not see it once the turret is mounted.

Turretlowerguard2.jpg

Once sanded down a bit and bolts added, even the girls from Schwarzwald approve :D

Turretlowerguard1.jpg

Now I have just to work out how these guys go together

gunassembly.jpg

The 1/16 need so much additional work. I am preparing the recoil to work now. Meanwhile I primed the two 1/35th scale turrets. The AFV club is primed black gray and then a 50:50 mix of Vallejo Hull red and RAL 8012. The Academy turret is black, Revell Sand and then finished in Vallejo Model color 821. Might need an additional coat. Base paint I usually thin down very much, so it is more of a dirty thinners. Lays down very smooth. But requires nearly 10-15 minutes to get a covering layer.

turrets.jpg