Vosper 73' MTB Type 1 (Airfix 1/72)

Cheers Guys

? AMS ? Hope you dont mean 'After market set'

Scratch built . . .

P1070077 (Copy)

You can just make out the rockets in the background.

As for references - John Lambert to the rescue with dimensions of box and rocket. The rest (don't tell anyone) is all a figment of my imagination :winkgrin:

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 2

"Something I meant to ask: How the heck did you do the hasps for the rocket boxes, they really make it."

May not have a lathe but I'm good at whittling :winkgrin:

When that fails I use 'Aber 35 A26' etched wing nut set, does finish it off rather nicely

Kev

• Like 2

Well the kit portholes left something to be desired

Basic and off centre plus one on the port side in the wrong position

P1070104 (Copy)

Drilled/filed/filled and location corrected

P1070106 (Copy)

With the help of Graupner porholes sanded down (now minus two fingertips)

P1070107 (Copy)

Definite improvement I feel

P1070108 (Copy)

P1070109 (Copy)

P1070110 (Copy)

Porthole surface now sanded smooth with wet and dry, nothing like macro photography to show faults.

Thanks for stopping by

Cheers Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 1

Posh portholes! I never noticed that misalignment....and I had the book! Clearfix works well for portholes, unless you happen to have a punch the right diameter, then a bit of acetate packaging will supply dozens.

Question: Where did you get the Incra marking rule from. I've been a-googling and can only find sets - to be sent from the U.S.

Cheers,

F

Porthole spacing is not obvious. I first noticed it during my research into the MTBs 73-98, 222-245 series interiors, so I went looking for it. In fact few of the boats are configured the same port & starboard due to interior lay out.

Piece of useless info for you all

"POSH"

Port side out, starboard side home. In the days of the empire when steaming to the middle/far east the cabins on the port side were cooler going out and starboard was cooler coming home.

but I'm sure an 'Old Seadog' was aware of this :winkgrin:

Kev

• Like 1

Incra marking rule

http://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/epages/eshop814530.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop814530/Products/INC_RUL150M

Not cheap at £17 but it enables you to measure/mark accuractly to 0.25 mm

Kev

i was ordering one - I've been meaning to get one for ages - got to the checkout to discover they want £15 to post one to here! That's just nuts. Guess I'll wait till we move back.

Posh, yes. I still have a set of playing cards my Dad picked up on a Union Castle Ship on his way from S.A. to England in the thirties. He told me that when I was quite young.

• 1 month later...

Well finally get to post a small update.

Holiday, illness and life have been getting in the way recently

I've been experimenting with how to reproduce ready use lockers and this is what I'm happy with

P1070155 (Copy)

P1070157a (Copy)

P1070159a (Copy)

Thanks for looking

Cheers Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 1

Trust you're feeling OK now. That is really beautiful work on the lockers! I also know about stuff getting in the way - if you've seen my last post, we're moving...glad to do so but the word upheaval falls short....