Spitfire Mk IX

Hello,

This is the project I'm working on actually. Excellent little kit, but the blades, to narrow, have to be replaced. You can for instance take the Heller's MkK XVI part.

Otherwise, MTO colors, US markings, 309 FS, Italy 1943. AMD decals.

Bye for now !

AE.

DSC05560.jpg

DSC05574.jpg

DSC05616.jpg

DSC05615.jpg

DSC05705.jpg

DSC05707.jpg

DSC05714.jpg

DSC05716.jpg

DSC05720.jpg

DSC05723.jpg

DSC05728.jpg

Very, very, very nice and a great scheme, makes a refreshing change from green and brown. Are you adding a wash tohighlight the rivet or are you drawing thermin with a pen ? :mental:

Very, very, very nice and a great scheme, makes a refreshing change from green and brown. Are you adding a wash tohighlight the rivet or are you drawing thermin with a pen ? :mental:

Hello !

Thank you all for your kind comments.

In fact the pen helps me to draw them. then a coat of lighter colors will come to correct the contrast betwen the camo colors and the dark spots...

DSC05752-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. But, the earlier underside pictures show excellent work in the finish but the later views of the underside with more work carried, for me, spoils the earlier work done . Sorry. Also I'm afraid the rivet work done after the main painting from earlier views also seems to take away a very nice effect that was achieved so again for me spoils it. Being as its 1/72 I think that too much preshading and surface finishing like these rivets for example don't look right IMHO, but its not to say your build is not worthy. You have an interesting technique in use for 1/72 and have done very well.

Very nice. But, the earlier underside pictures show excellent work in the finish but the later views of the underside with more work carried, for me, spoils the earlier work done . Sorry. Also I'm afraid the rivet work done after the main painting from earlier views also seems to take away a very nice effect that was achieved so again for me spoils it. Being as its 1/72 I think that too much preshading and surface finishing like these rivets for example don't look right IMHO, but its not to say your build is not worthy. You have an interesting technique in use for 1/72 and have done very well.

Thank's to all of you first...

Hi Paul,

You are right.

Some modifications later and post shading job is continuing

AE

DSC05886.jpg

Simply wonderful. I too thought the rivets too much but you've done a great job in lightening the tones to compensate. Your style of painting and weathering reminds me of my pal Arkady72's style, very similar and equally as talented.