1/48 Raspberry Ripple Buccaneer

attman007

So i've got an airfix Buc in my stash thats been sitting there for a while and I've decided to use this group build to finally get the motivation to build it. The only problem is I dont know what type to do? I'm kinda leaning towards a raspeberry ripple one or a Gulf war one but am not 100% on either.

Any suggestion or inspiration would be most appreciated.

Cheers Atty

Edited by attman007

Ive got the RAF boxing and the decals for both schemes are on the Model Alliance sheets so thats no problem as far as I know. I'm leaning towards the raspberry ripple scheme.

How about the one that was used to test the nose for the Tornado.

BuccXT272RAE.jpg

(Thanks to Andrew Scott for the image)

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/

I think this might have to be the one. i was just reading a little bit into it and the Tornado nose conversion was carried out by Marshall Aerospace which is where I am currently studying. So not only is it very pleasing on the eye and unusual it links in a bit with the companyI'm studying with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well its about time I started this build (another one to add to the ever growing list) I picked up the Neomega cockpit set and the Model Alliance decals with the Raspberry ripple tornado nose at Telford today so on with the show.

Right I've finally managed to get some work done on the brick mostly been working on the Neomega cockpit which is just incredible.........

15112010990.jpg

15112010998.jpg

151120101000.jpg

211120101016.jpg

211120101019.jpg

211120101021.jpg

211120101025.jpg

more soon.........

Thanks spike7451.

A little bit more was accomplished yesterday. The fuselage was closed up and the nose hacked off and replaced with a Tornado GR.1 nose from an old Airfix kit which I had lying around....

221120101028.jpg

221120101027.jpg

221120101029.jpg

To fit the nose I have attached the Tornado nose cone and have started to sand it back down to the same diameter as the Bucc's nose but on the underside are a few lumps and bumps which will be destroyed in the process. At this stage I'm not to sure weather this Bucc has these lumps and bumps but just in case I took a mold of them using milliput but me thinks I wont need it.

221120101030.jpg

Next up is finishing up the nose and then adding some detail to the undercarriage bays ..........

Cheers Chris and Mark.

Got a couple of hours on the brick this afternoon. Managed to add the photo etch to the air brakes and get them assembled also did a bit of detailling on the main gear bays well just the one...

261120101043.jpg

261120101045.jpg

261120101044.jpg

The detail is in no means accurate but I just wanted to make things look a bit more interesting and busy in this area.

More soon.............

Looking good.

The Neomega stuff is excellent. I'm using aeroclub metal seats which are really dated now compared to the resin stuff coming from Eastern Europe. Only a few more to use up and I'll invest in some of the resin seats. These will be OK with the canopy closed.

Colin W

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Buc is coming along quite nicely now all major construction completed.

Time for the first coat of primer, I hate this bit as it shows all the flaws that you didn't realise where there or thought you had sorted.

070120111120.jpg

070120111122.jpg

I've also made some engine blanks and rescribed all the lost panel lines. Tomorrow second coat of primer and hopefully and some paint!

looking good!!

i was thinking of doing this one ,have the decals ,just not the guts or motivation ,your solution to the nose problem seems spot on!!good effort on the cockpit by the way :hypnotised:

i havnt even started mine yet,still a while to go to the end of the G.B

looking good!!

i was thinking of doing this one ,have the decals ,just not the guts or motivation ,your solution to the nose problem seems spot on!!good effort on the cockpit by the way :hypnotised:

i havnt even started mine yet,still a while to go to the end of the G.B

Thanks it was alot easier than I first thought it was going to be!

Ok so time for the second primer coat at this stage I used a black felt pen to draw in all the panel lines to make them stand out a bit more under the white and red paint.

090120111130.jpg

090120111129.jpg

Next onto the white paint..

090120111131.jpg

090120111132.jpg

Once that has dried onto the red and blue ................

Major paint all done! Red, white and blue all done as well as some of the smaller details.......

P1000876.JPG

P1000883.JPG

P1000882.JPG

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able gloss coat it ready for decals and get some of the other bits and pieces completed.........