Leyland Olympian D/Decker Bus

Hi folks

Just thought I would post some pics up of my 1/24 Leyland Olympian bus I am working on. I still have a long way to go with it but I did see another builder's technique for building his Russian single decker bus that I need to study in great detail to try and master the curves.

DVC04397.jpg

DVC04398.jpg

DVC04399.jpg

DVC04400.jpg

DVC04403.jpg

DVC04405.jpg

DVC04406.jpg

DVC04407.jpg

DVC04408.jpg

DVC04410.jpg

DVC04411.jpg

DVC04412.jpg

DVC04413.jpg

DVC04414.jpg

DVC04415.jpg

DVC04416.jpg

Hope ya like

Nige

Now this is cool, I shall be watching this with interest! I've been drawing up plans to do my first scratchbuilt 1/24 car, so I shall be very interested in how you do master the curved shapes. Do you by any chance have a link to the single decker bus build you mentioned?

Really looking forward to watching your progress with this one!

Keef

Now this is cool, I shall be watching this with interest! I've been drawing up plans to do my first scratchbuilt 1/24 car, so I shall be very interested in how you do master the curved shapes. Do you by any chance have a link to the single decker bus build you mentioned?

Really looking forward to watching your progress with this one!

Keef

Hi there Keef

1/24 Russian Bus Scratchbuild

This is the article I was looking for. The detail on this bus is fantastic. He has the look of it to a T. I just wish I could master his technique myself.

Hope this helps.

Wonderful! I agree that there is plenty of subject matter out there - Crosville Leyland National or MPTE Atlantean for me.

I will be bookmarking this thread......

MH

Edited by Max Headroom

Hi there Keef

1/24 Russian Bus Scratchbuild

This is the article I was looking for. The detail on this bus is fantastic. He has the look of it to a T. I just wish I could master his technique myself.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, that looks a good build too! Now, I really, really must resist the temptation to try & scratchbuild a 1/24th Mumbles tramcar.....!!

Keef

• 3 weeks later...

Okdoky,

Where did you get the info on the chassis layout from?

Id like to do a Leyland Leopard, and an Atlantian but cant get any info or pics of the chassis.

Shame is when I was at school I worked at the local bus dept on a saturday helping out, and spent half of my life under Leopard buses!

• 2 months later...

This is looking good so far. I shall be watching this closely.

I am also trying to build a bus but mine will be a Harrington Legionnaire on a Bedford VAL chassis.

Trouble is that plans are so hard to get hold of!!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Crosville

Are you gonna put a blog on here of your progress with the build. Would be good to compare how you are going about yours. There is a guy on Truck Model World site did a couple of double deckers in 1/24 that were bloody amazing. Still waiting to see if he puts a link up to how he went about building them.

Nige

Crosville

Are you gonna put a blog on here of your progress with the build. Would be good to compare how you are going about yours. There is a guy on Truck Model World site did a couple of double deckers in 1/24 that were bloody amazing. Still waiting to see if he puts a link up to how he went about building them.

Nige

Yes i will, built the chassis in a bout a week, just needs the front axle painting and then I can move on to the body, Its going to have a park royal body, then when thats done......Leyland national or a Lynx i think!

• 2 months later...
if anyone wants to build a leyland national, or olypian, i can get pics and measurements as we have one of each at work.

jason

Hi Jason

Would be great to have any info you can on the Olympian. I have the usual problems with chassis detailing and dimensions. I am working from a couple of photos of the chassis, and I think it is something similar rather than the actual Leyland chassis and engine as it is only the body work I have drawings for.

Drop me a PM and I can try to pass on stuff I have to you if needed. Would be greatly appreciated, especially and photos of chassis and running gear from

Cheers

Nige