Planes of Fame Arizona Warbird Fly-in

A few from this small but perfectly formed event....

First, the P-51s:

valle902Medium.jpg

valle904Medium.jpg

valle905Medium.jpg

valle907Medium.jpg

valle910Medium.jpg

valle912Medium.jpg

valle906Medium.jpg

valle916Medium.jpg

Amongst others, these were flown by my former boss, Steve Hinton and his son, Steve - 21 and due to fly Strega at Reno this September......

And some of the others:

valle901Medium.jpg

valle909Medium.jpg

valle911Medium.jpg

valle913Medium.jpg

valle914Medium.jpg

valle920Medium.jpg

valle918Medium.jpg

valle919Medium.jpg

Enjoy!

Oooooooooh........love them mustangs.....the others are just frosting on the cake. Thanx for sharing some very good pix, Paul.

Thanks, John - it was more a case of them being DOWN there with ME! As it is unrestricted/uncontrolled airspace, they can, basically, fly as low and as close as they wish. That Trimotor pass was at about 15 feet, and the P-51s were at about the same height at times....some of these were taken with the zoom dialled back to about 100mm.......

Don't forget, we're talking about some of the best pilots in the world - Steve Hinton in particular - and they are very careful, but also cogniscent of putting on a good show. When they fly low, they don't fly fast, and while they do fly close, they don't fly over. Also, there are lots of fly-bys but little in the way of aerobatics.

Super shots Paul, especially the Mustangs.

Is "Ho Hun!" still flying in AZ? Bill Hane used to fly her out of Falcon Field, just across from the Boeing Plant in Mesa- I spent a very exciting 40 mins in the back of that particular aircraft and wondered if she was still around.

Nice Val - got to be my fave out of them. Can't be many of them left in flying condition or even restored now.

Got to agree, the P 51's look great too