RPG 1:35 Phalanx CIWS

Hi my Britmodeller mates, its been a while between drinks... This was my first 2024 build but just now getting to the post.....

This kit built my skills in PE and also efficient use of CA glue !! When I first joined FFGs as a Sonar Technician, I was billeted to a CIWS spot (long story), but got a chance to do a little work on this system, and took part in a full strip down, ammunitioning and of course live firings, and PAC tests.... Like my FFG build, this really brought back some memories...

A few takeaways from the build:

• It worked out better building and painting unit buy unit, because the entire system is built and maintained that way.
  • The 3A3 base (I think) just did not want to hold the primer and after many rubs, the brass ring and what ever primer was left kind of looked cool so I ran with it though not accurate.
  • The radome door needs special attention when rounding it into shape, I did not take care of it so had to switch to plasticard and lost the rivet detail in the process.
  • the gun is tricky, I ended up compromising the concealed gun detail for the sake of the whole kit.

I hope you like it !!

WIP is here:

Cheers

JJ

Thanks for checking it out....

Cheers

JJ

• Like 25

15 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Something completely different

Thanks Stef

7 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

something very different but well finished

Thanks Francis

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

Minus one for not making it a minion

Cheers Bill, there was actually decal themes in the kit for a duck face on the radome, or Chuck Norris on the base cabinet, but the minion would be my favourite to date !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

That’s really nice !!

Thanks mate, I haven't seen one on a tank as such but the kit includes the markings and desert colour scheme for the variant that was mounted to the 8 wheeler Oshkosh....

• Like 1

They say you can't hear a picture - however: BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!!!!!

Beautifully details model!! 

On 3/27/2024 at 12:26 AM, sardaukar said:

vampire, vampire, bbrrrrrrrttttt!!!

Thanks mate, and on the flipside, the most ridiculous CIWS Hollywood moment goes to Under Siege !!