1/32 Pacific Coast Models Reggiane Re2005 Sagittario, Regia Aeronautica, 362a Squadriglia 22° Gruppo, Sicily, July 1943

I will not repeat the historical or technical description of this beautiful aircraft. I will just focus on the build. This now out of pruduction PCM kit is of really good quality - as for a short run. Glossy hard plastic with recessed panel lines, very good resin parts, photo-etched fret plus decals. First of all - the kit is not difficult. As with any short run, of course, you need to clean the parts carefully and check the fit several times before gluing parts together. The wings trailing edges are quite thick and require some sanding. The propeller spinner also needed adjustments - the holes for the propeller blades were far too large. The shape of it should also be improved - but I decided to accept it. The entire model was riveted - thousands of "rivets" - especially on the wings. In fact, it turned out to be much easier than I thought - although for a few days "I saw rivets everywhere" ;-). A certain challenge was to make negative rivets on the wings and positive rivets on the fuselage. The solution is ridiculously simple - traces of riveting on the wings should be treated with very fine sandpaper and "painted" gently with Tamiya extra thin cement to clean them. Rivets on the fuselage - well... I just left them as they were after using Rosie the Riveter. I assumed that airbrushing them with Mr. Surfacer 1500 will give a good final result. And it worked. A very simple and efficient method.

For the first time, I used black basing - I think the method is great. Uniform camouflage is always difficult - but here I managed to build subtle differences in shades, colors and depth. The model was painted entirely with MRP paints with partial use of Montex masks. Weathering was kept to minimum - those birds served just for several weeks. Entirely out of the box build with quite good - from my point of view - result. By the way - it was very hard to take good pictures - due to almost glossy finish, poor light and my very modest skills.

ABLVV85KmnrI0YPKd_fUiJSh_cJZP38628yJCgH3

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

That's a real beauty!!! Not sure which side i like better...the top or the bottom!!! I love the stenciling and light dust effect but the underside is just great looking also. Extremely well done.

Cheers...Rich

8 hours ago, Armorrich said:

That's a real beauty!!! Not sure which side i like better...the top or the bottom!!! I love the stenciling and light dust effect but the underside is just great looking also. Extremely well done.

Cheers...Rich

Oh, thank you Sir! Light dust effect was done using "Light dust" by Ammo Mig 😉

9 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Very good representation of my favorite from the Serie"5". Cheers.

Thank you! I really do appreciate you oppinion. Happy modelling - especially "Italian" 😉

1 hour ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beautiful Reggiane Re2005!

Saluti

Giampiero

+1

• 4 weeks later...