Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

rom1

Members
  • Content Count

    728
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

rom1 last won the day on January 9 2013

rom1 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,069 Excellent

1 Follower

About rom1

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 18/05/1987

Contact Methods

  • MSN
    rom1flech@hotmail.com
  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Dijon, FRANCE

Recent Profile Visitors

2,672 profile views
  1. rom1

    1/48 Su-33 Red 81

    Thank you guys! Thanks Murray, here is the process. undercoat of Black surfacer: Then Humbrol Enamel Metal cote 27003: Metalcote needs to be polished: Then some colors are brushed and washed usind brush and foam stamp: Bye
  2. Hello Here are some pictures of my Kinetic Su-33 built in 2016 for french Cocardes Magazine issue n°5. The build took me around 7 months, as I spent a lot of time on painting and decaling. Weathering is subtle as I wanted to depict a quite clean and bright rendering. I chose to set a full load as seen on some pictures on the ground, but it is not that common. I found the kit quite good. Just had a trouble on the nose fit. The most annoying was the poor instructions... Not easy to understand and succession of building step are quite disturbing. Fortunately, Kinetic shared updated instructions here: http://www.kineticmodel.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=64&search=48062 While no seatbelts were given in the box, I replaced the seat with Aires resin one. Pitot is from master. Decals from Begemot (Su-33 and flanker stencils) As some pylons are missing in the box, I added those from Eduard brassin. And More R-27 missile come from GWH Fulcrum. Comments and question welcomed! Romain
  3. Hi I see that quickboost released a resin corrected nose ref 48845. https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/QB48845 What it is supposed to correct? Thanks
  4. Thanks mates! FAAMAN, it is the Trumpeter kit back from 2004. The kit is quite nice, but some flaws might be annoying for modelers. Nose is too short, Whole canopy is too bulbous, Intakes too bulbous on their undersides, missiles are note accurate in shape. You can find and upgraded release with new nose, intakes and nozzles. But I cant remember how to distinguish it from original box. You can have a look to my "re"build here to see some corrections carried out: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=44533&st=0&p=464100 Cheers! Romain
  5. Hi! New pics I took some times ago in first page! Romain
  6. Thanks ipms19 and David! I dont know about Dawood. Maybe ask Tom Cooper? Regards
  7. Hello Sorry for the delay... Here are some pictures of the finished Foxbat: Happy modelling!
  8. rom1

    ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT

    Hello Les You can write to them by email. They understand and write english. Cheers
  9. rom1

    ICM 1/48 MiG-25RBT

    And Amigo Models too: http://www.amigomodels.ru/product/r15b-300_48015-1/
  10. Thanks Uncle! I will take good pictures this weekend. cheers
  11. Hello guys! This time is the last time! Metal areas are enhanced with Tamiya metalic pastels and Vallejo metal acrylics using a piece of foam as a stample. Then the surfaces are worked with brush. Scratches are done using waterpencils. Photoetched antenas are glued with cyano. Cockpit seal is done with lead wire glued with cyano, then painted in black. Pink sealing paste is painted in acrylic using a small brush Canopy is glued with "Odourless" cyano from Deluxe.Canopy rod is scratched with stretched sprue and coton swab. At the very end, static dischargers from Master are glued with cynao And... finished! on a pretty busy desktop. Happy to see the end. It was quite a long and busy build. Kittyhawk model was a very bad developed kit. But now, building a accurate Interceptor Foxbat will be easier thanks to ICM Last thing, a pilot from Aerobonus range: I would like to thank Tom Cooper for the help he gave during all the build. I will take nice pictures this weekend. Until then , have fun! Romain
  12. Hello Some updates I now want to finish it Decals are from Begemot, ref 48-010 and 48-011.I like to use Mr Hobby Mark Setter and Softer. It helps the decals to adhere and to conform into details. Dawood's Foxbat is supposed to be serial 25221.Arabic number are traced on ICM RB foxbat decal sheet, then cut with a sharp new blade. Decals are covered with gloss varnish. After clear cote is fully dried, decals are polished with grade 4000 micromesh in order to make the carrier film disappear Washes are prepared using ready to use products and standards oil paints. Oil mix is applied on panel lines with a fine brush. After the wash is partially dried, it is wiped off using paper towel or coton bud. Weathering continues using oil paint stampled with a piece of foam. Oil paint applied with brush ... faded with a brush. Shades are varied, here a light sand grey. A flat varnish coat is sprayed, then more weathering effect can be added with washes and oil filters. Product used: On flat coated radome result: end is near! Romain
×