Academy F-18D Hornet 1:32 "Night Attack"

Hello guys, while the f15 spare parts arrive, I have started the academy f18 at 1:32, this time I will use the redfox interiors but I have also ordered the fifth sudio ones (the large set, the one that comes with the side walls, the ejector seats and other details that redfox does not have), the resin air inlets from Dmold modelworks and waiting for the double layer masking tape, what aftermarkets do you recommend to improve it further?

spacer.png

Edited by Maskingtepo
text
  • Like 7

Today I started the cockpit very calmly, I will not put the Redfox panels, I will use the Quinta Studio ones that are on the way, although I screwed up I bought the early ones instead of the late ones

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Today I have made very little progress, keep in mind that this hornet is no longer sold and I want to make it perfect or almost perfect, today I have painted the part of the WSO dashboard and little else, I am waiting for the fifth set to arrive, although I will combine the quinta set with redfox, redfox screens on and the rest of quinta studio

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, t15dja said:

I have this in the stash, so will be following this with interest....

today I finished the pilot panel and the WSO with the Redfox set, this week I have to receive the entire Quinta Studio pack, I really like Quinta better because of the fact that it comes, let's say a "full equip" and the Definition of their products I like more, redfox are good, but currently I am more inclined towards fifth, I have two more panels of the f18 that comes with the kit, I thank ACADEMY for this

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 17

On 05/02/2024 at 19:49, Doctorgaz said:

looks great. Good job!

23 hours ago, exdraken said:

Very nice work!

Rarely seen those fantastic Academy 1/32 scale jets unfortunately lately...

22 hours ago, bissyboat said:

Nicely done. 👍

Thanks guys!! while I'm waiting for the quinta studio set, today I've made little progress, I've made the front section of the HUD

I would like to acquire another two-seater academy F18 at 1:32, but is it discontinued or something similar? and dmold modelworks resin intakes are no longer manufactured

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, today I finally received the last parts of the F18, the gtresin resin intakes, today I will follow this hornet, I have left the f16 aside, I had a couple of big problems and I was too lazy to apply the solution, obviously I will be back

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

well guys, sorry for my absence, but after spending 3 days sanding, priming the areas and sanding again, the shots of gt reisn have been perfect, although you see the small lines, this photo is from yesterday, now after finishing again from sanding and polishing you don't notice anything at all, and today a little preshading

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

Guys  sorry for the absence, these two days I have been and am fine-tuning the last details before gloss varnishing and finishing the ejector seats

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

well guys, yesterday I thought I had finished polishing the missing details but no, I finished dirtying the landing gear wells but a problem arose, the damn cone, can any of you think of a method or idea to leave the tip of the cone right?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

any idea for nosecone?

spacer.png

Edited by Maskingtepo
bad word
  • Like 4

Well guys, after being away for a bit, today I finished finishing the radar cone, I have also already varnished the entire plane and I have sealed the anti-slip decals, they are a little broken but it doesn't matter, I put the decals because I They will serve as a template to put the mig jimenez antislip

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Scooby said:

Nice work! Look forward to the finished product!

5 hours ago, Mpfiend said:

The Radar cone is looking much better. Did you polish it back or repaint it? 

Keith.

Hello guys, thank you very much, I stripped the area carefully with the Tamiya paint remover and then painted it again, today I have made some progress with the anti-slip, with patience I taped it with Tamiya tape and tomorrow I will use the Migjimenez anti-slip to make the texture

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

This is coming on very nicely! I respect your need to get this one 'right', these kits are very hard to find these days. I built one from the Kinetic rebox back during covid lockdown, the only real problem I found was attaching the canopy. It's a big piece of plastic with a very small attachment point and no other support, I ended up setting it with epoxy glue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

This is coming on very nicely! I respect your need to get this one 'right', these kits are very hard to find these days. I built one from the Kinetic rebox back during covid lockdown, the only real problem I found was attaching the canopy. It's a big piece of plastic with a very small attachment point and no other support, I ended up setting it with epoxy glue. 

Today I used the Mig Jimenez antislip, I personally highly recommend it, although it says that it is for 1:72 and 1:48 scales, it also works for 1:32 without a problem, as you say they are difficult to find but regarding this kit... .academy still manufacturing it?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Unfortunately it's been out of production for years. They are quite rare now.

It's a shame, I don't understand why academy stopped doing it..., I better do it extremely well.

For my part it is finished, I have painted black on top with a very small amount of white, although to tell the truth the oil paints will go on top later, what do you think? be honest

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2