Greece joins the F-35 club

Slater

Irony doesn't work on the internet.  On the odd assumption that you really are so poorly informed (and my apologies otherwise), weapons sales to Greece and Turkey are often linked, given the common antipathy.

Irony, coppery, brassy or otherwise, I'd just like to warn everyone that there's a distinct possibility of this turning south if we're not careful, so can I ask everyone to keep their comments polite and non-controversial so we don't have to shut it down.

• Thanks 1

Included in the Turkish sale is "nine hundred fifty-two (952) Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) AIM-120C-8 or equivalent missiles". Does the US have an "equivalent"?

I don't consider the longer-ranged more capable (and more expensive) AIM-120D as a direct equivalent, although I suppose Turkey may view it in that respect.

Edited by Slater

On 1/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, Slater said:

Included in the Turkish sale is "nine hundred fifty-two (952) Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) AIM-120C-8 or equivalent missiles". Does the US have an "equivalent"?

I don't consider the longer-ranged more capable (and more expensive) AIM-120D as a direct equivalent, although I suppose Turkey may view it in that respect.

Have I missed something but AMRAAM is American made ???

If any nation ever works out how to hack F-35 software the West could be in serious trouble. Eggs all in one basket? Or is that (hopefully!) an impossible scenario?