F203. Canberra Mk. 8/12 - Finished

Andwil

Today I airbrushed the dark sea grey on the upperside.  Not much darker than my primer which was a bit tricky.  After it had dried I gave it a coat of my local Future equivalent (Pascoes Long Lasting).

53592828754_bc9a4b3651_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

AW

• Like 9

Masked up for the dark green:

53593857802_78f12202f1_b.jpg

And:

53594727821_d2bc9620f2_b.jpg

a little bit of paint lift on the grey to touch up, but otherwise on to the black underside.

Thanks for looking.

AW

• Like 11

Sprayed the underside NATO black today.  I used the parts for closed main gear doors as masks for the wells, the fit is so good they just clicked in, no glue or blue tac required.

53603392139_2b2fecf4dc_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

AW

• Like 9

On 3/17/2024 at 7:41 AM, Andwil said:

Not much darker than my primer

I've just used the primer as DSG before now. A quick smooth down with fine micromesh and on with the green!

Your paint is looking good, Very smooth.

• Like 1

Decals on:

53605119306_255bb8240a_b.jpg

I did have some concerns about the very old decals, but I needn’t have worried, they behaved impeccably, releasing quickly from the backing and settling nicely.

Thanks for looking.

AW

• Like 10

Well done AW, this Canberra looks just beautiful in those Boxart colours. A very neat job all round, great work!  

Cheers .. Dave 

• Andwil changed the title to F203. Canberra Mk. 8/12 - Finished

The undercarriage and last few bits, u/c doors, glass nose and the little “T” shaped aerials under the rear fuselage have been fitted.  Despite the weight added it promptly sat back on its tail.  So I carefully prised off the glass nose and added an extra weight to the very front of the fuselage.  The weight is unfortunately visible through the nose windows, but I can live with this as it now sits properly on its wheels.

53612065583_911db446f7_b.jpg

53610981182_2610e25a9f_b.jpg

I’ll add some gallery pics in the next day or two.

Thanks for looking.

AW

• Like 12

That's just turned out lovely and a great tribute to what has to be one of my favourite Frog kits. 

Looks really good in the kit's box colours, so well done and congratulations on a great build. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Lovely finish AW, great model.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:09 AM, Andwil said:

I did have some concerns about the very old decals, but I needn’t have worried, they behaved impeccably, releasing quickly from the backing and settling nicely.

I had the same experience with my Harrier decals in FROG Squad #1. Decals must have been 50 years old.

Cheers,

Charlie

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's just turned out lovely and a great tribute to what has to be one of my favourite Frog kits. 

Looks really good in the kit's box colours, so well done and congratulations on a great build. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks Mate, it certainly scrubs up well for an old kit.

9 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks terrific AW! The intake guards are a nice touch too.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian.  The solid intakes as moulded looked rather naff so I decided that hiding them  as easier than opening them up.

6 hours ago, Johnson said:

Lovely finish AW, great model.

I had the same experience with my Harrier decals in FROG Squad #1. Decals must have been 50 years old.

Cheers,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, the decals were a pleasant surprise.

AW

• Like 2

I do like a Canberra. Well done A, looks great! (I must get myself a 1/72 from somewhere).

Gavin

• Thanks 1