Tyler Reddick 'The Beast Unleashed' Hard Monster Toyota Camry TRD NASCAR stock car

Hi All,

Just completed my Salvinos JR 1/24th scale NASCAR Toyota Camry TRD stock car, with decals for Tyler Reddick's 'The Beast Unleashed' Hard Monster 6.0% scheme that was run at select events this past NASCAR Cup Series season. This is my first completed NASCAR model since 2001, and the first Salvinos JR model kit I've built. I learned a lot of things that will be applied to the next Salvinos JR NASCAR kit I build, which will be another Beast Unleashed car- specifically Riley Herbst's White Haze-schemed Mustang he drove in the fall Talladega race. The paint is Tamiya TS-14 gloss black, which was decanted and airbrush, wetsanded smooth, and then clearcoated with Testors Lacquer Glosscote (after the decals were applied). For the graphics, I used a 3 Amigos Decal set, which comprised of two sheets- one that had the neon green graphics which needed to be applied over white underlays, and the second sheet had the main graphics, including the impressive eye graphic for the hood.  Decals from a Powerslide Modern Stock Cars Goodies set were used for items like the windshield film tear-off tabs, inspection sticker, weight jack location markers, etc. 

53372660989_a68721e161_c.jpg

53372345536_c2e3a01a95_c.jpg

53372796150_f1feb886fd_c.jpg

53372661434_7011d4657c_c.jpg

53372530308_872f985a7d_c.jpg

53372796755_0d042bc05d_c.jpg

53372797965_5001f5892c_c.jpg

53372663434_1caf796650_c.jpg

53372532443_ed2fede857_c.jpg

Work in progress thread here-

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Albert

Edited by albymoore
Can't brain when typing today.
  • Like 10

That's a stunner Albert, really beautiful paint and decalling, glad you perservered after the problems with the first clearcoat - the finished car shows no sign of the near disaster that almost befell it!

Really lovely model!

Keith

PS, I do have to say though that those next gen wheels look really odd to me compared to the traditional NASCAR ones! :)

• Thanks 1

A monster indeed. A great looking result.

The ordinary road going Camry is an impressive car too, I've driven a few in my time. 

I watched a blog on the tube last week. Mum's car, about ten years old. Over 200,000 miles and the No 1 cylinder, original spark plug was starting to falter!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, I appreciate the kudos. I used to build NASCAR models almost exclusively back in the mid 90's through mid 2000's, but that waned when my interest in NASCAR waned by the end of the 2007 season. I just back into following the sport after a 15-year hiatus, so I guess I'm picking up where I left off modeling wise as well.

Cheers,

Albert 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!  So glad to see more NASCAR builds!

You did a superlative job with that.

I’m pleased to say I have a Salvinos Nextgen kit waiting to be built.

Your Reddick car will be my inspiration.

👏👏👏👍

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 2:50 AM, kapam said:

Awesome!  So glad to see more NASCAR builds!

You did a superlative job with that.

I’m pleased to say I have a Salvinos Nextgen kit waiting to be built.

Your Reddick car will be my inspiration.

👏👏👏👍

Thank you, Kapam!

Cheers,

Albert