Help with bridge equipment...

Courageous

Hi clever ones, need some help. My current build of the Fushimi Maru, a Japanese coaster has an open navigation bridge but what little reference I have doesn't show what equipment should be there? I can't find a set of bridge equipment in 1/350 kit wise, so it'll be scratch. Any pointers would be great.

Stuart

Hi there, may be of use ?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/veteran-models-vtw35032-ijn-6cm-8cm-12cm-binocular-set-w-voice-pipes--267544

Also black cat do some sets for royal navy which include amongst other things,  pelorus, sailing wheel ,compass binnacle etc I believe.. I will look later

https://blackcatmodels.eu/en/detail-sets/270-tribal-class-destroyer-early-fit-detail-set.html obviously includes weapons 😀

Edited by Rich75
Info

@Modelholic @Rich75 Cheers guys. I have seen one or two of those links and discounted because I didn't know what I should be looking for. Tom, you mention voice pipes and a binnacle but what about a helm, telegraphs, pelorus, etc or are these housed from elsewhere...don't have a clue. Although those sets do look nice, there's much in them that wouldn't used.

Stuart

Stuart L' Arsenal do some bridge stuff if that's what you are looking for but I suspect you will only need a couple of bits for this job.

Have you thought of sculpting them from some old sprue and I found a photo of the bridge of the Jerry O'Brien might give you some ideas.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Is there a wheelhouse below the open bridge

Not that I can tell. According to the deck plan, the area below the navigation bridge is the chart room, captain's cabin and quarters for 2nd, 3rd and 4th officers.

3 hours ago, Modelholic said:

Would a merchant have signal lamps mounted or rely on hand-held?

Wouldn't have a clue.

2 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Have you thought of sculpting them

No problems with that Keith, just need to know what?!

2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

I suggest a wheel, binnacle, and engine order telegraph. 

My thinking and with some voice pipes.

Stuart

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

Not that I can tell. According to the deck plan, the area below the navigation bridge is the chart room, captain's cabin and quarters for 2nd, 3rd and 4th officers.

Wouldn't have a clue.

Those compartments do support voice tubes, perhaps just the 2.

• Like 1