Seated figures in 1/144 scale

DouglasDakota

Hi all,

I am contemplating work on a scratch-built interior for a 1/144 airliner, featuring a cut-away side. I'd like to be able to populate the cabin with a few civilian figures, mostly seated but some standing or walking. Does anyone know of a supplier? I'm aware of some sets but on investigation they are all queuing to go up the aircraft steps, not seated.  Thanks.

Edited by DouglasDakota
Bloody auto-correct!

On 10/11/2023 at 13:39, JackG said:

Searching over at Scalemates there are a couple sets of civilian passengers by Arma Models

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=civilians*&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00144"

1506313-34251-82-1080.png

Looks useful - I'll investigate further. Thanks for the tip. (For some reason I don't get alerted to comments; sorry for the delay in responding).

3 hours ago, Orso said:

There are figures in Japan model railroad 1/150 scale: https://www.hlj.com/search/?Word=1%2F150+figures&GenreCode2=Railroad&Page=1

But perhaps european N-scale 1/160 figures would fit better in the plane as true 1/144 might look to big

Good point, and thanks for the link.

Alternatively, look for architectural figures.  They come in a range of scales, 1/150 would be close.
I've used figures from PJPrintedModels found on eBay (IIRC they're based in Essex) - the selection delivered is random.  You could ask for a special selection (e.g. avoid very wide figure, with spread arms or hands on hips).

• 1 month later...

Thank you to all who replied. As I am quite new on this site, please can you advise if I need to do anything to ensure that I get alerted to responses to my postings? It seems to be fairly random - sometimes I get a separate e-mail, sometimes the 'bell' icon is lit up when I log in, sometimes I have to go back to my original posting before I'm aware that anyone has replied. I must appear very ungrateful to those who have been good enough to respond, but sometimes I do not find out for days or weeks. Thanks.

if people mention you @DouglasDakota or quote you in a reply

3 hours ago, DouglasDakota said:

Thank you to all who replied.

you should receive a notification. Notifications can be adjusted here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/notifications/options/

The other way is to follow the thread, and any replies will show up in the "Content I follow" link

HTH

/P

Hi DD,

I was recommended to this site 'Modelu' by a BM'er and found it to be great.  They are fairly local, in Bristol, so no additional international postage or other charges, just standard RM postage.  They do figures in different scale and, if you have a 3D printer, you can get downloadable STL files to scale to your own choice.

I have a 3D printer, so I have signed up for a monthly subscription which is only £7pm and I get a pack of 5 x STL files each month.  Another benefit of downloadable STL files is that it is instant and no shipping charges involved.

Check out their 144 page catalogue (2022/2023) here.  One other point, Modelu have a full size 3D scanner on site, where you can go and get dressed up and be scanned.  You could put a model of yourself into the aircraft!

HTH,

Mike

• Like 1

On 23/01/2024 at 14:09, bootneck said:

I was recommended to this site 'Modelu' by a BM'er and found it to be great

Fascinating - a totally new tech to me, and another big change since I was last regularly modelling. Thank you - I'll look into their catalogue.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 13:39, JackG said:

Searching over at Scalemates there are a couple sets of civilian passengers by Arma Models

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=civilians*&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00144"

1506313-34251-82-1080.png

Thanks - I had located these, but getting only 4 seated per set could get expensive!