AIMS 1/32 PR/Tac R conversion for Revell Hawker Hurricane Mk II

Aims

2 hours ago, Aims said:

But given how few people are looking at these posts and leaving likes I guess it is the wrong place to post pictures of British aircraft lol

Phillistines! This is an absolutely superb build, John, please continue!

Cheers, 

Mark

• Thanks 1

AIMS 1/32 PR/Tac R Hawker Hurricane build update - Final details 

The HGW shoulder straps and back of seat strap were attached - it was then that I realised that HGW gave the instructions and the parts for the Sutton harness on a Spitfire in the Hurricane set - the shoulder straps are joined at the top by a oblong plate on the Hurricane so I had to fabricate that and slice up the harness accordingly. Remember that if the stirrup is down then the hand hold is open! Some breather tubes at the bottom of the engine as well as the fuel indicator at the top of the cowling will make the front end look better. You might also spot the three handles added to the sliding hood as well as the windscreen cleaner pipe at the bottom of the windscreen. The tail area had my AIMS early tail wheel fork attached and the trim tab mass balance fabricated with its cables - as well as the rudder cables. Before the main gear doors were located the flexible brake line at the top was made read and the line at the front of the door added and fed backwards once the door was added. Back to the windscreen and you can see that I used sticky backed mirror material from a hobby shop for the rear view mirror. The only other thing to mention - back at the front end is that I had used one of my two Rotol prop and spinner sets. And that is that. I hope you enjoyed following this. Thanks for looking, John

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 17

John, only just found your WIP (thanks to the link from Troy).  This build is an absolute stunner; your skill and dedication are off the scale.  I’m gobsmacked!

Congratulations on one of the very best builds I’ve ever seen.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave Slowbuild said:

John, only just found your WIP (thanks to the link from Troy).  This build is an absolute stunner; your skill and dedication are off the scale.  I’m gobsmacked!

Congratulations on one of the very best builds I’ve ever seen.

Dave

Agreed! It's inspirational. 

• Thanks 1

I'm really sorry that I missed this marvellous build as it was happening, John.  But am at least pleased to have found it in time to see the result.  Very impressive and neat (amazingly neat with all those rivets) construction and fine finishing.  

• Like 2