Plastic surgery GB - preaching to the converted? - at 31

zebra

7 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

Is it too soon to start buying donor kits for this? Christmas is coming etc.

I suppose that depends on whether you believe in jinxes! The Manx part of me is strongly swayed by the tradition of knowing fairies (probably) aren't real but best not do anything to annoy them, just in case, and the same applies to jinxes. And whatever happens in the bunfight Christmas 2024 is going to come before this GB.

But it's up to you and your own superstitions. Don't go tempting fate though!

• Like 1

• zebra changed the title to Plastic surgery GB - preaching to the converted? - at 31
9 hours ago, zebra said:

But it's up to you and your own superstitions. Don't go tempting fate though!

Oh I have a quite remarkable record of jinxing GBs! Trouble is with second hand kits, a kit in the stash is worth two on Kingkit! Or in this case 2 in the stash is worth 4 etc.

And as this is the most complicated, and expensive way to get a 737 freighter, I'll probably do it come what may!

• Like 1

If you want a 737-500, you can buy an Eastern Express one (expensive) or you can buy a Welsh Models (cheaper but vac-form) or you can have expensive and vac-form, in which case you buy the Welsh Models conversion to go on a Minicraft 737-400. So why not?

20231130-151051.jpg 

It's expensive and complicated, but it's a conversion and it really takes my fancy. First annoyance is that although it has decals for all the -500 and -600, there's no fleet list included; a small bridge to be crossed after the minor detail of the bunfight!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:23 AM, Mjwomack said:

If you want a 737-500, you can buy an Eastern Express one (expensive) or you can buy a Welsh Models (cheaper but vac-form) or you can have expensive and vac-form, in which case you buy the Welsh Models conversion to go on a Minicraft 737-400. So why not?

20231130-151051.jpg 

It's expensive and complicated, but it's a conversion and it really takes my fancy. First annoyance is that although it has decals for all the -500 and -600, there's no fleet list included; a small bridge to be crossed after the minor detail of the bunfight!

Isn’t there also a Daco Skyline kit? Or is that discontinued now?

I’d love to see this in the GB, it’ll look great. I’d have considered cutting and shutting the Minicraft fuselage rather than the Welsh Models approach but then doing the cutting precisely might make mine the harder method.

Fleet list should be available online - airfleets.net should have it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Isn’t there also a Daco Skyline kit? Or is that discontinued now?

I'm pretty sure that's discontinued now (as well), I think if you want a 737-500, and I admit to not being sure why you would, it's all about second hand/ remaindered stock

1 hour ago, zebra said:

Fleet list should be available online - airfleets.net should have it.

Yes the fleet list is probably going to be the easiest part of the build.

The big challenge could be getting it through the bunfight, but for me the fun in modelling is in this kind of thing rather than waiting for a manufacturer to oblige

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I may or may not have acquired an EA-6A conversion recently.  Guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for another HB A-6A/E in the future.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4