Hawker Hurricane R4118

Hello lads, 

since my Horch build is stalled (can't pick a camo) and I found the old pics of my first 48 Hurricane, I thought I'd RFI her. 

spacer.png

being readied. 

spacer.png

I couldn't resist the urge to open one of the gun bays... 

spacer.png

but not much to look at, so no pic.

spacer.png

this being one of my first (if not the first) 48ers, I was terribly inexperienced in that bigger scale... I tried my best to accentuate the panel lines, and brush a decent camo. 

spacer.png

out of the dark, into the light. 

spacer.png

let's look onside, shall we... 

spacer.png

boy, do I have bad eyesight. Somewhere under there is a PE instrument panel. 

spacer.png

part of the used look stems from my use of the fluffing matt clear coat by Revell. Sometimes, it seals the deal. Most times, it breaks it (and gives the model a look as if someone spilled milk over it. No use crying over it...). This time, I was lucky. 

Hope you have some fun with the pics, you can never have too many Hurricanes... 

Greetings, Johnny Tip. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

This is a really great looking Hurricane.  I am especially impressed with how well you did on the figure.  Looks nice any way you slice it.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BillF67 said:

Shame it’s in the wrong scale.

What scale dost thou want? I have about 5 (give or take a few) in 1/72, one for fun in 1/144, and two waiting to be built in 1/32 and 1/24. Thanks for the compliments @BillF67, @mick and @georgeusa (and that figure was made even before I learned about washes...)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Tip said:

What scale dost thou want? I have about 5 (give or take a few) in 1/72, one for fun in 1/144, and two waiting to be built in 1/32 and 1/24. Thanks for the compliments @BillF67, @mick and @georgeusa (and that figure was made even before I learned about washes...)

1/72 for me. I can’t be doing with all the detail in the bigger scales. I’ve done a 1/144 Hurricane (and a Camel, Tripehound and 109) which was great fun. A few more practices and I might get one worth displaying! But 1/72 my preference.

• Like 2

Very nice model of a BoB Hurricane! As for scales? I have a completed 1/24 Trumpeter Mk1, a Fly 1/32 11c in waiting and will be adding at least 1 1/48 11c shortly.

Edited by Whitewolf
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of the scale, it's a fine looking build!

I build only 1/72 myself- 1) It's king of the hill when it comes to subject availability, 2) smaller, takes up less room for display, 3) less expensive generally, 4) too much detail takes too much time, and I'm an old fart!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely hurricane.  Thanks for sharing. 

As regards scales, I'm firmly in the 1/72 camp.  Normally,  I would say that one of my reasons was "speed of build" but I've been working on an Arma 1/72 P51b since January.....🤣!!

Best regards 

Peter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1