No 1/20 Lewis Hamilton F1 car?

Mark

Hi to you all,

I was thinking about starting a Lewis Hamilton model for a friend who is a massive fan, but I can’t find any F1 cars in 1/20 scale. I’m quite surprised about this as Tamiya have often produced kits of world champion’s cars. Does anyone know why? As well as where I could possibly look for an alternative?

There is/was a Revell 1/24 of one his earlier mounts.  Spotmodel entry.

The scale wouldn’t be a problem if a one-off rather than in a constant scale collection.  Whether you could track down a kit now is another matter.

3 hours ago, Mark said:

I was thinking about starting a Lewis Hamilton model for a friend who is a massive fan, but I can’t find any F1 cars in 1/20 scale.

Fujimi did 3 versions of his MP4/27 in 1/20 scale, and there's various resin kits of his Mercedes

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=lewis*&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00020"&fkPILOT[]="Lewis Hamilton"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 6:52 AM, Mark said:

Thank you to you all! I did not know that Fujimi released 1/20th scale F1 cars. My eBay quest shall commence henceforth 😊

Fujimi have added quite a few kits to their 1/20 F1 range - several Ferrari, Lotus, McLaren, Sauber vehicles