1/144 Boeing 757 - Honeywell testbed - finished

• zebra changed the title to 1/144 Boeing 757 - Honeywell testbed - finished
1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive always wanted to do the B-17/turbo-prop test bed myself. 

Thanks Dennis. The B-17 turboprop testbed is quite a beast. I'm toying with the idea of a conversion for the B-17 STGB later in the year and had thought about this one - particularly the one that had the cockpit moved aft - but the frontrunners are the Rolls-Royce Dart powered one, or the one with the Fulton Skyhook.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zebra said:

..toying with the idea of a conversion for the B-17 STGB later in the year and had thought about this one - particularly the one that had the cockpit moved aft - but the frontrunners are the Rolls-Royce Dart powered one, or the one with the Fulton Skyhook.

"or"? Careful how you use that word Julian or you'll have Enzo along to advise you of another path ;) 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Col. said:

"or"? Careful how you use that word Julian or you'll have Enzo along to advise you of another path ;) 

Well there’s only one B-17 in the stash so one will have to do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Very nice work!  Julian - could you contact me please..

FYI to anyone else considering building the Honeywell testbed 757....  Airline Hobby Supplies has just released two 1/144 scale decals for this aircraft, both the earlier 2017 scheme, and the current scheme.  A4-312 and A4-313 respectively.  Artwork by Jennings (Butch) Heilig, both screen printed by Cartograf.  In addition, Sergey Druz has produced a resin HTF7000 turbofan engine and pylon for us, it's on my web site as SD4-757-HTF7000.  This is Honeywell's "Golden Engine", mounted once a year to test and calibrate the onboard equipment and sensors.  So, it is appropriate for both schemes.  The TFE731 turboprop engine modelled above has only ever been fitted to the 757 while in the 2017 scheme.

There are images for the decals and engine here.

Here's an article on the Honeywell website describing the HTF7000 engine and its 'Golden Engine' use.

https://aerospace.honeywell.com/us/en/about-us/blogs/honeywell-flying-lab-relies-on-golden-engine

Thanks!

Edited by russmb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1