That's looking ace mate B) 

I wonder how much (if any) of the dirt 'n' grime was a result of hard usage during filming, and how much was 'make-up' like the 'cordite stains' on the wings?

In any case that's an excellent representation, nice work :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Stew Dapple. I've wondered the same myself - Merlins are pretty messy engines but lots of the dirt does look artificial. The stains behind the guns are fictitious like the black streaks from the B-17 fuel tank vents in Memphis Belle etc. Just how much dark grease did they apply to the canopy sliding rails??? Likewise whilst the top of the nose around the fuel tank filler would get beat up and weathered, I doubt the petrol they used was black :D

That looks great Jamie.

I love the 3rd photo down. Really brings out the graceful lines of the Spitfire, the camoflage scheme and the colours.

27 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

I wonder how much (if any) of the dirt 'n' grime was a result of hard usage during filming, and how much was 'make-up' like the 'cordite stains' on the wings?

I recall reading that the planes did take on quite a used and weathered appearance during the filming Stew, though the cordite on the wings may have been added! ^_^

• Thanks 2

I finished it.

RFI here: 

I reserve the right to resurrect this thread to build a CASA "Heinkel" with RR Merlins in the future. I have the Merlins and spinners, I just need another Revell/Monogram Heinkel for it. I don't fancy the ICM Heinkel for this conversion as whilst it looks a better Heinkel, I don't think the parts breakdown will be helpful in trying to re-engine it. There's also the Hurricane which needs represented too, of course.

• Like 4