British Airways Boeing 727-230 (Yes BA!!) FINISHED

Very nice ..Been here waiting for one and two come along . Well done 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2018 at 17:10, bzn20 said:

Thanks for that info . Didn't know  that .18 is still BEA , I just checked the list of Boeing codes , never been reallocated which is surprising . Do you think it could been for the 737s ? They were after those around the time BAC came up with the 1-11 -500 and again stamped on anything not British for BEA by the Govt.

Finally found this info on AirlinerCafe;

British European Airways Corporation - BEA had an option on 20 - 25 727-200s, allocated the Boeing code 18. This option was taken after the demise of the BAC 2-11 project, and BEA was refused the export currency to proceed with the 727 order. A replacement order in 1968 resulted in something called a Trident 3B

Dave

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, halcyonjet said:

Trident 3B

So good they invented a trident with  four tines ! Thanks for the info. Stuff just gets lost in time, news lasts one day etc.(2-11 cancelled and allowed to drift off without noise ) and sometimes people's experience at the time . I Wonder if theres anything in my 68 sets of Air Pictorials , A/c Illustrated etc. Just in case ,thought I'd read the wikiP page ( I know but ) on the Trident 3B and ..It's on there ! Trident and 1-11 versus  727 and 737 in 1965.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...