Searches not finding topics

I'm currently going through my old posts updating all my old PB links to Flickr, and have found that some threads are not being found in the searches. For example, I have a WIP and an RFI thread for my Airfix RAF RE8. The title includes the phrase "RAF RE8" but when I search for that phrase, or for either word, it shows no results. If I search for "Airfix RE8" it comes up with a reply to one of those threads, but not the main thread. Why is this, and is there anything I can do to make them show in the results?

Ia

Just go to the main header and click on your avatar image. When that opens, look to the right at the little window that says " See My Activity ".

Click on that and all your posting will appear from newest down to oldest.

I'm also in the process of doing the same thing with pictures that I have posted.

Chris

Thanks Chris, that's exactly what I ended up doing to update the threads. 

The problem is, that won't help somebody trying to find threads on a specific subject, which is presumably why the search function is there.....

Ian

Edited by limeypilot

That's odd. If you've posted something anywhere on BM, it should be there on your activity, even if you're not the original poster. I can find all of mine. All 71 pages, starting from todays and going back to 2008.

Chris

Go to Google (or duckduckgo.com - just as as effective, but no tracking) and enter this search string:

site:www.britmodeller.com +"RAF" +"RE8" +limeypilot

IPBoard limits search strings that have 'words' of three characters or less. Irritating, but understandable. Anyway, hope that helps.

Thanks Mike. The reason for the query was that I intended the RE8 post to be a useful reference for others wanting to improve the old Airfix kit, but with the search ignoring 3 letter words it will be hard for anyone to find it unless they already know of it. I may add some additional tags, but they seem to be being ignored too.....

Ian

10 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Go to Google (or duckduckgo.com - just as as effective, but no tracking) and enter this search string:

site:www.britmodeller.com +"RAF" +"RE8" +limeypilot

IPBoard limits search strings that have 'words' of three characters or less. Irritating, but understandable. Anyway, hope that helps.

easier search is just this, (I pasted yours in) I think the RAF bit was not needed

"britmodeller RE8 limeypilot "

I find things I post like this all the  time,  the significant part  of the search term here is "limeypilot"  as britmodeller and RE8 are common,  the user name  is the unique part of the search. 

HTH

T

29 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

britmodeller and RE8 are common

That's fightin' talk where I come from! :fight:

(Good job we moved ^_^ )

• Like 3