Another Mosquito Question (Answered!)

GAF

Found a nice picture, so question resolved. :D

I was wondering if anyone had a photo / link for the Mosquito wing navigation lights? I understand the left one is red, but

the right one has a blue color? Also, what color was the area under the clear cover? Was it painted? Bare aluminum?

My Google-fu has failed. :(

Thanks!

Gary

Edited by GAF

The right hand navigation light bulb is actually green not blue. On some modern aircraft they can appear blue when unlit.

Yes, and that's what I was looking for. The appearance of the bulb when unlit.

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/avia/before_1950/mosquito_fb26/DH98_FB26_Mosquito_0142.jpg.html

Edited by GAF

Thanks for those GAF, good refs to have. :)

Steve.

Steve,

You are welcome. I didn't think anyone would be interested in something so esoteric. :)

But to find them, I only had to change my search parameters. Instead of looking for navigation lights,

I had to find walk-arounds. That did the trick.

Which is another interesting point to all this. Out of all the walk-arounds on Britmodeller.com,

you would think there would be at least one on such an iconic British aircraft!

Gary

• Like 1

I've got some photos of a Mk IV Mosquito currently located at the Alberta Aviation Museum in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. Any interest in these? Or specific shots/angles needed?

It's only a couple of hours away from here so can get more in the future if needed.

foresterab

• Like 1

I've got some photos of a Mk IV Mosquito currently located at the Alberta Aviation Museum in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. Any interest in these? Or specific shots/angles needed?

It's only a couple of hours away from here so can get more in the future if needed.

foresterab

No, I've got enough photos now. Thank you for the kind offer!

At the moment, I'm trying to find information on the fuselage recognition lights. There are 3 on later mark versions (white, red, amber),

but only two on the IV and VI. At least, I think those two circles are lights, and I am using the Tamiya model for reference.

This image almost shows them (right side of picture):

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/mosquito/images/hen_mosq-21.jpg

I just need to hit the correct search parameters and Google will probably bring up an answer. :)

Gary

Edited by GAF