1/32nd Trumpeter Harrier GR9

Shaun

Been slowly working on the model, hopefully be able to show some progress tomorrow night.

Fuel tank nose corrections parts now also copied and some have been cast, will post a pic tomorrow.

Shaun.

Been slowly working on the model, hopefully be able to show some progress tomorrow night.

Fuel tank nose corrections parts now also copied and some have been cast, will post a pic tomorrow.

Shaun.

I might be interested in a pair of those myself for later on.

Apologies for being late to the party Shaun. You know the score. Things move so fast here on BM if you blink, you miss it.

Glad this rose to page 1 though otherwise I would n't have seen all of this Harrier loveliness.

Your report makes for somewhat harrowing reading at times. I'd have liked to tackle a GR-9 at some point but perhaps I'll make do with the 1/72nd scale version I built a while ago after seeing just how much work is in one of these.

I look forward to seeing the latest pics.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Ok folks, the main painting is now complete, :winkgrin:

Harrier%20paint%20comp1_zps1o8hnog0.jpg

harrier%20paint%20comp%20tail_zpsc9dtcjs

Harrierpaint%20comp2_zpswdficfbs.jpg

Harrier%20paint%20underside_zpsytu1adym.

Next stage gloss coat and decals. Going to use washes to get the dirty look to the rear end, that way I can experiment and wash it off if it looks wrong.

Shaun. :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Here is the tank correction I was talking about. Not sure what Trumpeter did for research but look at the shape and sway brace spacing?

Anyway at the request of a few fellow Harrier members/fans, I've made resin copies of my tank nose correction.

Tank%20correction_zpsmkyq2lwx.jpg

PM me for details, not sure on the selling rules in this section?

Shaun.

• Like 1

The paint looks really good look forward to seeing it complete with the wash and weathering.

Guy

• Like 1

Nice work there mate, I also like the figure. On a sidenote, are you going to have this model at Hornchurch Expo in March?

Edited by rainstel109