Mk I Spitfire - 'The Virgin' Fl/Lt Denys Gillam - (1:32 Revell)

Stick with it, I think we both used the same After Market parts for the build.Lots of work put into yours, I think it will be stunning when it is finished.

ChuckB

Hi Nigel. Lovely progress - the upper part of the flaps' PE looks good now it's all in place. Looking forward now to seeing when the paint goes on. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Everything looks very smooth from here! Looking forward to the actual painting :popcorn:

One question, if I may: is there a specific reason to not add the radiator and oil cooler at this point of the build?

Ciao

• Like 1

Hi Giemme,

They are built and have been painted internally. I held off installing them before the first primer coat in case I have some rubbing down to do on the wings. All looks OK there however so they'll be added next.

Cheers :)

• Like 1

I keep forgetting to ask, will you leave the entry flap open? If you do, of course , you will hide the cartoon which is what attracted me to this particular aircraft in the first place. I think mine will have to be closed, but with the canopy open.

Cheers

John

I've made my mind up John and I'm going with a closed flap. I figure I can leave a flap open another time on another build but I can't use the cartoon elsewhere. It's far too good to hide! :)

• Like 2

Me and my big ideas!!

Thought I'd spray some aluminium and then some hairspray last night. Plan was to be able to show a little wear around the door and on the leading edges. I allowed it to dry over night and this afternoon in I went with the Dark Earth. The result? The whole thing turns into a crackle effect!! :weep:

This is what I have after the clean up.

More Dark Earth me thinks! :whistle:

IMG_1661_zpsr2ywhewi.jpg

Oooops ... sorry to hear about that. Never used the hairspray technique, but I think I'll stick with the salt weathering method ... :whistle:

Anyway, noting that a good respray couldn't fix, I guess.

Best of luck

Ciao

• Like 1

Shame about the hairspray, I don't use it either. It's looking good now though.

John

Fantastic save Nogel! You'd never guess there had been any problem with the paintwork. :thumbsup:

Thanks Both - I'm looking forward to getting some decals on soon :)

• Like 1