Hobby Boss 1/16 Tiger 1

Here's a long awaited update for my little project...

Remember I was talking about thickening up the front plate and adding the welds, well, I've done it..

Frontplate_zps304d7c2d.jpg

This consists of two pieces of 0.060" card added either side of the front plate.

Frontplate1_zpsb9ee6b0e.jpg

This photograph is an attempt to grab the same angle as Mike has with his 131 pic.

Frontplate2_zps9407f45c.jpg

As far as the extended forward side plates go, I have looked at many pictures of Tigers and have seen variations. I also have plans which show the side plates as I have them??

Hope you like it...

• Like 1

Thanks Nige, The grilles and brackets look excellent. I also like your work on the front plate that looks a lot better than what it was before where it looked to thin. :) Dan

Thanks Dan, glad you like your grilles. Just set to the back of them with a sanding stick to remove the "flash" and you're ready to fit them!!

Don't forget to remove the centre bracket and replace it with a resin one in the correct spot. Who knows, maybe you'll actually use the resin parts before me??

Regards

Nige

Nige, was wondering if a person is going to have to scratch build some fuel tanks and radiators or do you think you won't be able to see that under the grilles?

randylizard1978 posted thanks for posting the video. great video.

Nige, was wondering if a person is going to have to scratch build some fuel tanks and radiators or do you think you won't be able to see that under the grilles?

randylizard1978 posted thanks for posting the video. great video.

Hello Dan,

I have thought about this for a long time and have decided that the work involved is not worth it. I have painted inside the hull black, and with the grilles and PE mesh in place, you really cant see anything in there.

No doubt an AM supplier will come up with something, but I really dont feel it's worth putting the hours into doing it.

Regards

Nige

I need a little help please...

Ok, go to the front of the fenders, and you reach a point where the Glacis meets the hull side plates. Also attached to the side plates are the sponsons, sitting above the tracks and welded to the hull inner side plates and outer side plates.

I would like to know how the join looks between the sponsons and the glacis plate please? The hull sides are cut at an angle to meet the lower edge of the glacis plate, but do the sponsons follow this angle or do they carry on straight and butt up to the back of the glacis plate?

I'm talking about this area here...

Sponsons-Glacis_zpsa735ec98.jpg

Note my Glacis plate is not fitted in these shots..

Sponsons-Glacis1_zpsd67b3560.jpg

I'll be grateful for all your assistance. As you can see, the kit has a gaping hole which I have filled with card. I need to make it thicker in this area as it's now obvious the Glacis plate runs down to the edge of the hull side... or does it????

After I carried out this operation, I asked myself if I had it correct??

Nige

Thanks for the reply Wolfpack, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. I'm wondering if the sponson follows the line of the hull side plate or carries on straight, as the kit is moulded.

I realise the steel in front slopes down.

From the pictures that I have, I would say that the floor of the sponson carries on straight.

Just found this, seems the floor is straight: http://tiger1.info/EN/Right-sponson-trays.html (as in no curvature).

Mike D.

Thankyou Mike,

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to show you the results of your findings in 1/16 scale??

Nige

Just got my grilles from Nige, and I have to add to the praise for them that's been doing the rounds :) I couldn't resist cleaning the flash off the back, which was best done with a rough sanding stick, and had only one bubble in the back, which I filled with a piece of ABS rod and then trimmed to shape. It'll probably never be seen, but at least now it's done. Now it goes in the box for another day :rolleyes:

Hello all, I know it's been a while, but I'm determined to finish my T-28.

The Tamiya putty for the Zimmerit arrived, I've bought the one that comes in two strips that you knead together. Is this correct?? Ive ordered some of the two pack tube stuff as well.. just in case??

Nige

Nige, Want to let you know that your grilles arrived today. They even look better in person. I want to thank you very much for taking time to make me a set of them. Now where did I put my plastic cutting touch to cut the other grilles off of the model. By the way that looks like quite the project you have of the T-28. Dan

Glad you got them Ok Dan, and glad you like em!!

I'm going to start advertising them on Ebay I think??

The T-28 is a MASSIVE project, you may notice I have just finished building the tracks, totalling 408 parts!! I should finish it this weekend, but it's my 50th Birthday tomorrow, so probably won't get much done??

Cheers

Nige

• 1 month later...