Jump to content

Cuppa_joe

Members
  • Posts

    140
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Melbourne Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Cuppa_joe's Achievements

New Member

New Member (2/9)

214

Reputation

  1. Indeed i did, to add to that a quest to learn basic electronic principles as they were to be an intimate part of my build, with the light up position lights and dashboard. Needless to say i spent more time in research and schematics then i did from that point on in the build. In closing, fun indeed!
  2. I must say, you move like lightning! Job well done, and excellent seeing both together! Very fitting. Now for a vignette??? Oh and "errormaster" .. i had a great laugh at that
  3. Thanks for hosting this GB lads, great turnout and commentary! Some fine work from the contributors! iv been away from the bench since last post and will need to finish in my own time, this is my first attempt at a GB, so for the next will need to balance my time and spread my energy; less details balanced with more process. Also my point of failure is airbrushing and considerable lack of confidence in my ability to get consistent results, at least to my eyes. It's been fun watching along with the rest of the members! Thanks!
  4. Cutting it a little close to the deadline, but another update from about a week back. Made use of the fact i needed to clip the wings and installed as a dry fit my idea to use fibre optic cable to transmit the position lights on the wings edges. These will be tinted appropriately. Cockpit assembled with PE Dials sanded back and dash boxed in to make way... notice the 1mm hole in the back. This is effectively a projector... Black primer to help with light leakage The reason I went down this road is to be able to use the clear transfers the Edward PE set had included. Will be using (a) for the US type, not the japanese type. The rear struts got the same treatment with PE, left is the set, right is mine made up as it made the sound of ricocheting all over without being found. How everything looks blacked out. This is being lit with a small SMD LED. About 1mm across. Cockpit extra details Till next time
  5. Finally made a decision on the wings, going from some plans (not the best but enough for measuring) it turned out i need to clip them off. I will get exact measurements soon but looks around 3-4mm. No going back now. By some coincidence, the new width is almost the same as the fuselage is long. How about that. Also i feel o would like to integrate strobing position lights with the help of fibre optic cable. For now this is the result so far.
  6. Forgot that the PE set i had, actually included undercarriage details, i set out to install the paneling showing the wing spar cavity with circular cutouts, that meant to remove what i had installed yesterday, and this was the result on both Port and Stbd, but only on the fwd face of the wing, as the aft was not included. Cockpit details too Next was the control stick, needed to give it more life... From this To This... used a pe saw, then diamond file to visually soften the leather base. I feel it worked.
  7. Love your work and dedication! I am increasingly impressed as to how fast you work, by comparison i feel i am going backwards! Haha, more too you!
  8. Looking at said CMK undercarriage set made me yearn for more details. This was started by walling up the wing half's with .5mm plastic sheet (i think) This was all well and good till i realised my mistake of making the wheel bay narrower thanks to not sandwiching the sheet rather than lazily just popping them in. Moving on, i had an ercksome feeling that the weights i placed weren't enough to hold down the nose Sure enough i was correct in my thinking once it was (again) dry fitted. My solution (on top is said lead weights) was to use an american coin i had laying about in my unusual coin collection. Since it is flat it makes for the perfect shape and size (and weight to not labour the point) to do the said role. CA it in and on to the next job of fawning over my half creation
  9. It is actually really quite nice, worth the cash splash. Cheers mate!
  10. Slow burn on this project i must admit. The upside that it gave me time to have parts come in. Didn't have time at home so decided to chip away 10 minutes every lunch this week. I did get more done due to that, also helps with the image lighting!! Namely PE Got started on the seat, and played with some tamiya expoy for the first time to build up a pad. Not convincing but happy there is something there. Added the canopy details for the hydraulic mecanism, which worked perfectly with the scratch built stuff so it's a win by simple luck!!! Landing gear Sorry, bad photo. Used the spare epoxy to ghetto weight the nose down, so as to not waste what i had made up. Also this is worth considering, the decals with the jays model kit. On their own, they are...ok. Compared to others available Then there is the model alliance one; knocks it out of the park. I got a CMK undercarriage detail set, but will be using it in a new kit down the road. Another idea down the road is to build a vignette with spare fuselages from this and the future build into a bone yard/ wrecking yard Enough for now Darius
  11. Our caisson (graving dock williamstown vic) is filled with air. Once the graving dock is pumped to capacity with water from past the gates, the caisson is then made boyant with the pressurised air and then floated out. I would assume this to be the standard process. Darius
×
×
  • Create New...