Sukhoi Su-34 - Italeri 1/72

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Stumbled across this on google, do you happen to remember after all this time which vallejo paints you used on this?

Yes, I do as it happens. They were the first Vallejo paints I'd bought, and I just picked up the ones that looked like they'd give me the closest match.

23625549298_1412c90802_b.jpg

I think I used the Sky Blue straight from the bottle for the palest tone, although I might have added some white to it. The other two blues were mixed, and I can't really remember exactly what the ratios were, but they were both done using the above colours. I just added to the mixes until they looked about right by eye.

I think that Blue Green formed the basis of both mixes, with Sky Blue added for the medium tone and Turquoise added for the darker one.

Hope that helps, although I should point out again that my mixes are far from accurate.

Andy:cat:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Thanks, though to hear there mixes disappointing as Id hoped they were straight out the bottle.  Look fine to me :)

There is this set. I have it, and I think Julien has a set to sell.

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/ultimate-su-34-fullback-paint-set-6-colours-htk-as58--hataka-hobby-5902288752372-aircraft-scale-modellingpaint/product/?action=prodinfo&art=141363

30 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

My experience with hataka is there not the desigined for brush painting, but perhaps Ill see how much juliens selling it for :) Ideal, though I'm not sure if I actually have the right decals for such camo, I have the Tamiya boxing which I know at the box art scheme is a different camo

Edited by PhantomBigStu

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Me again, wouldn't mind seeing what  the blue green and turq look like out of the bottle if thats not too much trouble?

No trouble at all

These are brush painted straight onto white styrene, so they may look a bit different on a primed surface

37543676692_f06ff2cbbc_b.jpg

And with the Fullback. Again, I can't remember the exact mixes, but I think there was probably more blue green used than turquoise for the darker shades

23723512248_2fbee536fc_b.jpg

Andy:cat:

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...