1/48 F-14D Tomcat, VF-213 'Black Lions'

Hello all,

Here is my recently completed Hasegawa F-14D in VF-213 'Black Lions' markings from OEF in late 2001. Build thread is here.

Parts used included a Black Box cockpit, Wolfpack B/D update set, Wolfpack fuel tanks, Wolfpack Bombcat update set, TwoBobs decals and Hasegawa weapons.

BuNo 164603 'Blacklion 101' led the first strike of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) and subsequently dropped a staggering 56 bombs during the initial stages of OEF and was the first jet to have 'authorised use' of F-14's 20mm cannon, when Al Qaeda forces were strafed 4 times (by this jet alone) after an urgent request from a JTAC.

The second to last F-14 built, it then went on to serve with VF-101 and finally VF-31, where it made history, as it was the last F-14 to be flown by the USN, flying from NAS Oceana to Republic Airport in New York on 4th October 2006.

Anyway, the photos!

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

Dave

Edited by DaveJL

Another great looking Cat, well done, looks super bombed up. Need to get my VF-2 Cat out of the doldrums!

Thanks mate. 5 F-14's on the bounce can take it out of you :lol:

Dave

It's a tremendous model of the great-looking Tomcat ! I love seeing replicas of this fighter, as it's one of my all-time favorites.

Here, it's expertly finished and weathered ideally.

Mike

Thanks for the kind words Mike.

Dave

• 1 year later...