Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

arnobiz

Gold Member
  • Content Count

    402
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

85 Good

About arnobiz

  • Rank
    Established Member
  • Birthday 09/05/1982

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Austria
  • Interests
    Modern military jets (Anything on which you can find enough documentation to build it with open panels really!)

Recent Profile Visitors

1,667 profile views
  1. arnobiz

    F-15I (GWH 1/48)

    Thank you all, calling this one done! SImple base made from plasticard and pine wood. Two completed builds in a year, hum... Happy New Year! Arnaud
  2. Hello friends! With the F-15I nearly done, I am finally ready to enter the GB I will use (links to reviews in hyperlink when available): Tamiya's 1/48 F-14A with kit decals, although I may use masks for the larger markings Eduard Big Sin sin64831 Quickboost GRU-7 QB 48 223, because I don't quite fancy PE belts as provided in Eduard's otherwise very nice seats ) Quickboost F-14A Tomcat position lights QB-48776 The idea is to build this classic VF-84 bird as I already built the VF-2 scheme in 1/72 a while ago First build steps coming soon! Arnaud
  3. arnobiz

    F-15I (GWH 1/48)

    Hello, A bit of progress , namely the antenna covers. First i made a master from plasticard, then used made cheap molds by pressing the masters into Plasticine and cast them in resin. The masters side walls do not need to be perfect as their shape is not captured when pressing the master Next are the exhaust nozzles and seats! Comments welcome, thanks for looking, Arnaud
  4. arnobiz

    F-15I (GWH 1/48)

    Quite a bit of progress since my last post: She now has wheels and most weapons are done Surprisingly, the "B" decal sheet which contains most colour markings is significantly thinner than the "A" sheet dedicated to stencils. Nice surprise though as it would have been a nightmare to mare thick decals disappear on weapons I used AeroBonus RBF tags, very nice and easy to use. Comments welcome, thanks for looking, Arnaud
  5. arnobiz

    F-15I (GWH 1/48)

    Hello friends, I finally get to post some progress, after spending a couple of week ends on the stencils... As reported by Doog in his Su-35 build, GWH decals are pretty thick but get on fine. I'm glad I painted all large markings though (including the tail and nose numbers). Comments welcome, Arnaud
  6. arnobiz

    F-15I (GWH 1/48)

    Thank you for your kind words. The project is making progress, I'm really more into building than painting so the second phase is always a bit slow/painful Next are the decals Arnaud
  7. arnobiz

    F-15I Ra'am 1/72 Hasegawa

    Amazing build, congratulations! I hope my 1/48 one turns out half as good How did you manage to make the demarcations so tight? Did you use especially thinned paint and paint very close to the plastic? Thanks for sharing, Arnaud
  8. arnobiz

    Grumman Gb Chat

    I'm in with a 1/48 Tamiya F-14A if still OK to join Looking forward to it, Arnaud
  9. arnobiz

    F-15I (GWH 1/48)

    Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town for a while. Many thanks for the kind comments. @exdraken the masks were plotted on a computer and cut using a Silhouette Portrait cutting machine Arnaud
  10. arnobiz

    F-15I (GWH 1/48)

    Thanks guys, glad you like it. I also made a couple of intake covers, using pictures of the F-15I in a museum to create the hebrew markings (using clear laser decal paper). Basis is plasticard cut to shape and covered with PVA-soaked tissue paper. The stripes are masked and painted. Cheers, Arnaud
  11. Hello, After some work on GWH's stunning F-15I I thought I would share progress. The kit is awesome, excellent fit overall with minimum putty use required (mostly around the CFTs). I built it mostly OOB, with only a couple of improvements in the cockpit. My main challenge for this build was to paint the large tail markings, as I felt the decals colour was a bit off and I like it when colours match Just to be clear: Due to the intricate/tiny shapes it took a LOT of trials before I managed to cut the masks properly using my Silhouette Portrait... First, tails camo: Followed by first mask: [/url] Followed by IDF sand layer and second mask: [/url] Followed by dark gull grey layer, done! [/url] Same for the roundels: [/url] Next will be the top side camo... Thanks for looking, Arnaud
  12. Great work, thanks for sharing! Arnaud
  13. Ah I almost forgot about that little Southern adventure, I would quite fancy building a Royal Marines diorama sometime
  14. 1982= Peace for Galilee, I'm in! Looking forward to it, Arnaud
  15. This looks amazing, great job! Only thing I would do is add a coat of matt varnish to the figures to prevent light reflections on the uniforms. Thanks for sharing, Arnaud
×