Hunting Sea Prince

chris57

Is there anywhere one can see images of Magna's products? A search for "Magna Models" turned up a kit list, but nothing more from them - for some reason, the link to their home page redirects to "The Wayback Machine" web archive. Some of their recent kits look interesting - they seem to have a minor thing for Russian WWII experimentals like the Polikarpov ITP and the Tomashevich I-110. The built-up Twin Pioneer and Belfast I found on the Airfix forum site look impressive, but I still have one of Magna's very first kits, and it's discouraging - massive warpage, huge sink marks, rough molding quality - so, while I'm sure things have improved during the intervening 20 or so years (and congratulations to them for their endurance!), I'd like to avoid a "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" situation. Thanks!

John

Hi John there is a build in progress on the forum in the aircraft review section for the Sea Prince. there is no web page for the range, i do however carry them to many model shows during the course of the year, starting in february at Milton Keynes and finishing at the Middle Wallop show just after the Nationals in November. hth chris

sorry kev67 i dont understand your comment, are you referring to the type of resin used, the quality of the casting or the accuracy of the kit. have you possessed the kit for a while or is it one i've supplied to you.either way if theres a problem with it you should have referred back to the supplier to get it exchanged. if you don't know its broke you can't fix it,and i'm more than happy to throw complaints back to Martin if it improves the product. all the best chris

Edited by chris57

Oh great news Chris. Look forward to getting my hands onthe decals so that I can get back to building the review kit. Give me a KUTA when you next see me.

Quick update, have just heard from the cartier,donkey's expired half way up the sierra's.delivery now the 2nd november, so any orders can be picked up at the nationals if preferred,with the bonus of a 10% BM discount on rrp of £45. cheers chris

Edited by chris57

In their defence, I have made Magna's Attacker and was very impressed. Even compared to Classic Airframes later offering the Magna model looks great.

SupermarineAttacker14807.jpg

I have the Firebrand in the stash but haven't got round to building it yet, which is a shame as they are very basic construction.

Thanks Magna.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a late post, but just returned from a break in suffolk, managed to get to the suffolk and Norfolk aviation Museums. As I was a ware of this thread, made sure I got some pictures of there sea prince, couldn't do a walk round, but I hope I have a decent picture or too if it will help out

Dave

quick update: sea princes finally arrived,boxing them up now ready for the nationals.rumour has it that the next two Magna releases will be 1/48th 1940's experimental types.see you hopefully next weekend,hall 2(13) with Collectakit.cheers chris

Quick update, have just heard from the cartier,donkey's expired half way up the sierra's.delivery now the 2nd november, so any orders can be picked up at the nationals if preferred,with the bonus of a 10% BM discount on rrp of £45. cheers chris

How would we get said discount Chris? Just mention BM, or is it just on pre-orders?? And is it just on the Sea Prince?

Keef

How would we get said discount Chris? Just mention BM, or is it just on pre-orders?? And is it just on the Sea Prince?

Keef

I'll be on the stall wearing my BM badge so if you id yourselves to me i'll sort it out.this year we have a couple of new helpers due to my health issue so involving them could cause problems. discounts on other products in the range is possible on the day and if anyone wants to pre-order feel free to do so. one further point with this delivery Martin's notified me of price increases in the range effective from 1st January 2012. ie VC10 up from £95:50 to £98. hth cheers chris