100sqn display Hawk xx285

Mark M

ok the decals arrived yesterday so heres a quick review of them before i start the build

well this is the Hawk ive been waiting for for ages, to make the 100sqn special, i believe this is the first time it has been decalised so when it was released it was the first thing in my basket

5500329930_b99e0b808e.jpg

these are in full colour and all numbers look to match the decal sheet, there are surgested order for the decals which look logical and ideal

DSCF2192.jpg

DSCF2191.jpg

DSCF2190.jpg

DSCF2189.jpg

well, what can i say they look fantastic, in perfect register over 2 sheets,there is full stencil data (somthing which is often missed) they look great

these decals do look fantastic and i cant wait to use them but there are 2 points that worry me, 1 if i were to lover the flaps it would require major surgery to sort the decals. and 2 matching the paint may be a problem for the actuators, the instructions do gice the colours but having checked my paints the yellow doesnt look quite the same in the bottle but we will see

all in all these are FAB, i cant really say more until i apply them s

I like the look of those decals Mr Marples. They should keep you occupied for a while. The result will be well worth it though. Have you put in your bulk order of Microset and Sol? ;)

Mark, is it Golden Yellow?

Phil.

Those decals look interesting, should have fun applying them. At least the Hawk airframe is pretty clean with not many lumps and bumps to decal over. Do you get decals to go over the flap hinge fairings?

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Those decals look interesting, should have fun applying them. At least the Hawk airframe is pretty clean with not many lumps and bumps to decal over. Do you get decals to go over the flap hinge fairings?

Shaun.

Shaun,

Judging from Mark's scans of the decals and the instructions, I think you have to paint the flap hinge fairings.

Phil

no there arnt i have just checked, also there is no paint callout for the yellow so thats a real pain, ill check the xtraclyix i have to see if there is a match

ok heres the plan, i now have a pilot, and a good length of clear rod (12mm) so she will be inflight (makes the decaling easier)

i now need to find a sutible base, and drill it to take the rod

ill try and post a piccy of my plan

• 3 weeks later...

well im admiting it, i wont be building a kit now for the GB, i have far to much on at the moment abd havent touched a model in weeks sorry chaps