Building the Hasegawa Draken

Jens

Hi jens, thanks for replying reference the decals. Actually, it wasn't the red/white special but the regular squadron marks with the 24 dayglo numbers that I think also comes with that boxing I hsd in mind. Can I make you an offer you can't refuse? i'm currently watching the Godfather....Paul!

• 2 years later...

I'm asking for a friend here but...

Were the Danish two seater Drakens the same colour as the aircraft above please and what did they usually carry under the wings.

The aircraft pictured looks in superb condition.

Yes, all Danish Drakens were the same dark green.

The TF-35s usually had empty wing pylons (or no wing pylons at all), although occasionally a travel pod (converted from an EW pod) was carried.

Jens

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

After Telford I have a nice 48th Draken and a Maestro two seat conversion and there's a suitable GB coming up hopefully :thumbsup:

I have found THESE decals can anybody tell me if they will work for a two seater? More relevant, to an idiot like me, what are the instructions like?

• Like 1

After Telford I have a nice 48th Draken and a Maestro two seat conversion and there's a suitable GB coming up hopefully :thumbsup:

I have found THESE decals can anybody tell me if they will work for a two seater? More relevant, to an idiot like me, what are the instructions like?

The decal sheet is excellent, you will find everything that you need for a two-seater. The only missing thing is the instructions, they are almost non-existent (there is nothing about stencils) so you have to find references. Edited by Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn

I'll get them ordered and start looking. There is a Draken at the Newark museum although I don't know what type. But they have a lovely cafe there anyway...

The Draken at Newark is the recce version RF-35, so you will find everything there (markings are the same as on the two-seater). Note that there are a number of spares on the sheet. But if you need some help, just send me a message. And enjoy the café! :)

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 1

Some lovely pics of the Draken in the Walkaround section here, some of which were taken by me at Newark :)

Mike, just checked out those pics, they are awesome for modelling some of the Danish Draken specifics, thanks a bunch!

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1