How I clean my airbrush

Bobs_Buckles

Aye Paul, I guess the parts diagram just scared me a bit ;)

Although I should have learned that lesson with the Iwata, what looks complicated in the diagram isn't so much so in the metal.

P.S.

Thanks for the fast replies to the emails over the past few days :)

Adrian

Aye Paul, I guess the parts diagram just scared me a bit ;)

Although I should have learned that lesson with the Iwata, what looks complicated in the diagram isn't so much so in the metal.

P.S.

Thanks for the fast replies to the emails over the past few days :)

Adrian

Parts diagrams always look complicated, especially when they have every variant in one picture.

This is a photo of the Infinity broken down, no fiddly little auxiliary leavers to fiddle with.

The Eclipse looks very similar when broken down as well.

infinityparts.jpg

Hello Robert,

I took a filter designed for a face mask and grafted the monster on top of the jar. It makes a lot of difference to the normal filter.

Cheers

Bob

Bob,

Which make of face mask did you use and how did you seal it.

Thanks

Robert

Bob,

Which make of face mask did you use and how did you seal it.

Thanks

Robert

Hello Robert

I removed the filter cap and filter, rolled up some plastic card to form a tube. Place the tube where the wee filter once lived. This will act as a bridging support between the jar top and the new filter. Make sure you leave a small gap between the new filter and jar lid. Fill this wee gap with slow setting super glue for an airtight fit.

Job done!

The filter I used is made by 3m. I bought mine from a Dulux decorating centre (ex girlfriend and nice discounts OH YES!) here in London.

41GX73CRPFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Please feel free to ask any more questions.

Cheers,

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
Bob,

Sorry to ask, but i can't get you tube at work, and i'm not on the net at home. Is there anyway to get the videos in any other format.

Thanks,

Rodders.

Rodders,

The only other way for you to view them would be for me to burn them to CD and send them via Royal Snail.

Let me know if this is what you want. You will need to give me a week as I don't have and blank cds at the mo.

Cheers,

Bob

Rodders,

The only other way for you to view them would be for me to burn them to CD and send them via Royal Snail.

Let me know if this is what you want. You will need to give me a week as I don't have and blank cds at the mo.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob you could upload them omn liveleak or photobucket which rodders may be able to access at work.

Rodders,

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the kind offer, i wouldn't want to put you out. Maybe theres another way,

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Enjoy!

Von Buckle

Many thanks for your little video on cleaning the H&S airbrush. I have an identical unit and clean it in much the same way, however you raised two points which I will adopt in the future. Firstly, withdrawing the needle through the front to avoid paint contamination of the internals, and secondly, using the plastic pipette as a pressure source to clean the nozzle. Also, I use Medea airbrush cleaner for a final blow-through, and I use Medea airbrush lubricant to lightly coat the needle before inserting it. Because of possible residue, I always blow through a solvent such as distilled water mixed 50/50 with methylated spirit prior to commencing to paint. Incidentally, I use the water/meth mixture as a thinner when painting with Gunze acrylics, but it is incompatible with Tamiya acrylics (use Tamiya thinners) and with Vallejo paints (use distilled water or demineralised water).

Many thanks for your little video on cleaning the H&S airbrush. I have an identical unit and clean it in much the same way, however you raised two points which I will adopt in the future. Firstly, withdrawing the needle through the front to avoid paint contamination of the internals, and secondly, using the plastic pipette as a pressure source to clean the nozzle. Also, I use Medea airbrush cleaner for a final blow-through, and I use Medea airbrush lubricant to lightly coat the needle before inserting it. Because of possible residue, I always blow through a solvent such as distilled water mixed 50/50 with methylated spirit prior to commencing to paint. Incidentally, I use the water/meth mixture as a thinner when painting with Gunze acrylics, but it is incompatible with Tamiya acrylics (use Tamiya thinners) and with Vallejo paints (use distilled water or demineralised water).

"Incidentally, I use the water/meth mixture as a thinner when painting with Gunze acrylics"

Hello Mr jindy,

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

You mention meth/water mix for Gunze. What is the drying time for this and how durable is the paint when dry?

Cheers,

Bob

"Incidentally, I use the water/meth mixture as a thinner when painting with Gunze acrylics"

Hello Mr jindy,

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

You mention meth/water mix for Gunze. What is the drying time for this and how durable is the paint when dry?

Cheers,

Bob

Drying time for the water/meth mix is reduced, but I can't give you an exact figure. It does make a significant difference when the weather is cooler (by Aussie standards). As far as durability is concerned, I haven't noticed any change to speak of. On another issue, I've used your little turnbuckles a couple of times, and I think they are great. I've also passed some on to fellow modellers, who said they were going to order some. Have you had any further orders from Melbourne, Australia?

Drying time for the water/meth mix is reduced, but I can't give you an exact figure. It does make a significant difference when the weather is cooler (by Aussie standards). As far as durability is concerned, I haven't noticed any change to speak of. On another issue, I've used your little turnbuckles a couple of times, and I think they are great. I've also passed some on to fellow modellers, who said they were going to order some. Have you had any further orders from Melbourne, Australia?

Hi Jindy,

I've had a few orders from Aus but mainly from Victoria.

Thanks for putting the word out ;)

Bob Von Buckle

• 1 month later...