F-15K Eagle (1:48)

magman2

Hi, Just got my Academy F-15K and its a nice kit you get lots of new Weapons. I may just

add the bits to a Revell Strike Eagle and use the Academy kit to make IDF F-15D

AIM-9X

AIM-120C

AGM-84 K SLAM-ER

GBU-31

GBU-38

LAU-128

Datalink pod AN/AWW-13

mmzfi1236960350959.jpg

Net Photo mmzone

Edited by magman2

That's a sweet looking ROK bird magman, nice job :speak_cool:

Hi, this is not my F-15K but a Net Photo I just recived the kit

I will post some sprue shots as soon as my photo host is back on line

Edited by magman2

Hi, Just got my Academy F-15K and its a nice kit you get lots of new Weapons. I may just

add the bits to a Revell Strike Eagle and use the Academy kit to make IDF F-15D

AIM-9X

AIM-120C

AGM-84 K SLAM-ER

GBU-31

GBU-38

LAU-128

Datalink pod AN/AWW-13

mmzfi1236960350959.jpg

Net Photo mmzone

I got mine a few weeks ago. There are some nicely done new parts, but the upper fuselage is basically the same terribly inaccurate one as before. There was a trivial attempt to smooth out the outboard edges of the engine bulges, but it's so subtle, why did Academy even bother?

It's still missing the correct Strike Eagle landing gear and wider NLG wheel assembly, as well as a few other F-15K details a Boeing Engineer friend of mine tells me.

I plan on doing the same thing; use most of the K parts (Except the weak GE Exhaust which are too small in diameter) on my Revell Strike Eagle(s). It would be a nice top off to have Two bobs go through with the F-15K sheet as well!

Mike V

Edited by Mike V

I got mine a few weeks ago. There are some nicely done new parts, but the upper fuselage is basically the same terribly inaccurate one as before. There was a trivial attempt to smooth out the outboard edges of the engine bulges, but it's so subtle, why did Academy even bother?

It's still missing the correct Strike Eagle landing gear and wider NLG wheel assembly, as well as a few other F-15K details a Boeing Engineer friend of mine tells me.

I plan on doing the same thing; use most of the K parts (Except the weak GE Exhaust which are too small in diameter) on my Revell Strike Eagle(s). It would be a nice top off to have Two bobs go through with the F-15K sheet as well!

Mike V

Twobobs have advised that the F-15K sheet is cancelled.

Stephen

I realize that, obviuosly as I have the kit, but if it were marketed towards the "Revell Strike Eagle kit", it would do fine.

MikeV

Hi Mike, Is the F-15K the same color as the USAF F-15E?, I need some help on this one

Thanks

Has anyone used the Wolfpack F-15K conversion? I take it it is designed for the Revell F-15E boxing?

Hi Scott, I had the Wolfpack F-15K conversion and sold it here, it was good but for all the Extras the Academy kit is beter and the Wolfpack set is OOP.

The Academy parts + the Revell F-15E will be best ?

Has anyone used the Wolfpack F-15K conversion? I take it it is designed for the Revell F-15E boxing?

I’ve used most of the set on a Revell E kit. There were some resin shrinkage problems with the TE boom antennas, but because of the small size, it wasn't that big a deal. I did notice the LAU-128 rails were too thin though, so I used spare Lau-129s from another kit.

The GE exhausts were junk. I ended up chucking mine as they were not only out of round, but crudely done and internally resembled nothing of the real thing. I substituted with Shawn Hull GE Exhaust nozzles and a homemade turned exhaust duct!

The dry transfer sheet is nice. I've used Hobby decal dry transfers before and they work well, but you have to be careful as they are a 1-shot deal.

Mike V

• 2 weeks later...