S-100 SchnellBoat Revell 1/72

I built this one in 2023 for a GB on another forum.I added the flakerling and scratched the mines(plastic,PE and wooden balls).I took first place at IPMS show in LA competition was kinda light maybe about 8/10 entries in that group.The railings are also scratched built plastic rod,brass rod and .015" guitar wire the tensile ability was quite useful.The chain was perfect for the scale 72 links to the inch so one inch links in real life.Thanks for looking and I hope you like it.

S-100-001.jpg

S-100-002.jpg

S-100-003.jpg

S-100-004.jpg

S-100-005.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

G'day @javlin, that's a nice-looking model, and interesting in that I've not seen a quad Flakvierling on one of these boats before. Did it replace a larger weapon?

And congrats on winning the competition. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

G'day @javlin, that's a nice-looking model, and interesting in that I've not seen a quad Flakvierling on one of these boats before. Did it replace a larger weapon?

And congrats on winning the competition. Regards, Jeff.

It was known to be used in fact Revell even produced a later version with the Flakerling I had to acquire the kit and build the base to make it work.I think if you think about it having that armament on a boat as such would be an improvement.I was about to at the time devise a different armament for the boat on the secondary ,middle placement gun and was informed by one that that configuration never occurred so I went the historical route not the badass route.:D

Edited by javlin
  • Like 1

G'day again, not doubting you. I guess during wartime many ships on all sides had ad-hoc or non-standard armament alterations with what was available. I think HMAS Perth 'acquired' an Italian Breda 20mm AA gun while in the Med.

The reason I asked about the quad mount replacing a larger weapon was the positions of the rails fore and aft of it that were intended to prevent the guns firing into the vessel - they seemed too far away from the mount to work.

She really is a very good model. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Very nice, lots of detail and a worthy winner too .... 👏 

It certainly looks fearsome! 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

G'day again, not doubting you.

Never thought you did just curiosity I thought. ;)

10 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Good looking build - the stanchions do make a difference

It was a simple deal for the most part and I thought the mines added a bit also.;)

2 hours ago, Keeff said:

Very nice, lots of detail and a worthy winner too .... 👏 

It certainly looks fearsome! 

Thanks it's to bad that the maritime venue is not more popular I desire competition which if it showed I probably would hardly place  and most of my builds are for fun only ...Sharnhorst......she's different.;)

• Like 2