Tamiya 1/72 Mustang IVa 3 Sqn 1945 -Airfix Scrapped

Placeholder for my build which will be a 1/72  P-51D built as Mustang IVa CV- <> KH677 of 3 sqn RAAF in 1945.

Edited by Rafwaffe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

Placeholder for my build which will be a 1/72 Airfix P-51D built as Mustang IVa CV- <> KH677 of 3 sqn RAAF in 1945.

Excellent! By my count that is, appropriately enough, three 3 Squadron builds in this GB!

• Like 1

• Rafwaffe changed the title to Airfix 1/72 Mustang IVa 3 Sqn 1945 -Airfix Scrapped- Now Tamiya P-51
Posted (edited)

Due to an unfortunate primer incident The aircraft will now be built using the Tamiya p-51D 1/72 kit as the base model. Luckily I have one in The stash. Just annoyed at myself for ruining a kit with primer applied on too hot or humid a summer morning… bugger.

Edited by Rafwaffe
Fixed spelling
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rafwaffe said:

Due to an unfortunate primer incident The aircraft will now be built using the Tamiya p-51D 1/72 kit as the base model. Luckily I have one in The stash. Just annoyed at myself for ruining a kit with primer applied on too hot or humid a summer morning… bugger.

Good morning Rafwaffe

That is too bad for the Airfix Kit but sometimes this kind of thing happens

I think that you will enjoy building the Tamiya Mustang

Have fun

Best regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rafwaffe said:

Often find things can be salvaged with the application of a suitable potion and elbow grease what is the state of the kit or has it gone at high velocity into the bin? 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Often find things can be salvaged with the application of a suitable potion and elbow grease what is the state of the kit or has it gone at high velocity into the bin? 

High velocity into the bin. My attempt to salvage and strip the enamel primer resulted in the kit plastic melting and warping. I think I made the potion too potent! 

• Sad 2

• Rafwaffe changed the title to Tamiya 1/72 Mustang IVa 3 Sqn 1945 -Airfix Scrapped
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 10:06 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Its great to see you not giving up, mate! ;)

Thanks. I’m looking forward to getting caught up and into when I get back from holidays. 

• Like 1