Alleycat Models Spitfire Prototype. Still Available?

Hi all;

Does anyone know if the Alleycat Models 1/48 Spitfire prototype is still available? I've found it on the website as available, but the front page of the website states that things were being wound down as of 2021. So a bit confused but still hoping to pick this kit up if possible. Does anyone have more info?

Got an itch to build one as I've picked up the AMP S.5 and S.6B and recently picked up an Air-Craft resin 1/48 Supermarine 224 (not a kit I was ever aware of), so a prototype Spitfire would look nice in this line up.

Thanks in advance;

Steve

I did things the other way around and got the Alleycat 1/48 Spitfire Prototype K5054 and now looking for the 224, where did you find one? Models for Sale are selling Alley Cat kits/conversions etc, the 1/48 Spitfire prototype K5054 is sold out. Apart from second hand kits that might pop up, they are the only supplier now. You could give them a ring and ask if there will be anymore at any point?

Edited by Whitewolf

2 minutes ago, Whitewolf said:

I did things the other way around and got the Alleycat 1/48 Spitfire Prototype K5054 and now looking for the 224, where did you find one? 

I found the Supermarine 224 on a Facebook model auction group. I got the 224 in a lot that was paired with an 1/48 AZ Model Zlin Z-50 (odd pairing). Got them both for £25. I was aware of the Heritage Aviation Supermarine 224 from several years back, but this Air-Craft kit I hadn't heard of before. Doesn't seem to come up with any Googling either, so I have no idea how old it is or if it's still available. It's worth looking for though as it is a nice resin kit.

The Alley Cat K5054 is a really nice resin kit, and well worth having a look round for!  I would contact Models for Sale, they are in contact with the chap who does the Alley Cat stuff. Alley Cat has been wound down due to illness and everything now goes through them.

Edited by Whitewolf
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having checked Alley Cat site over the past 6-9 months.....I am of the impression, once the stock has gone, thats it.............All suppliers of Alleycat you will notice; as there stock has depleted, its not been replaced..........I did hear somewhere that the owner of Alleycat had some illness and not able to produce at the moment....................He had an ideal opportunity recently to sell 1/48 extras for Airfix Gannet, but no stock available and its not been replenished 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

All but one, he's only sellig through Models For Sale now.

Think you will find his stock is not being restocked once its gone................been watching that site for months for various gannet bits that I need which are  sold out ............type in gannet to his search and everything is sold out - has been for months...............same as alleycats site........sold out months ago................I hope I am wrong, but the bits I am waiting on, at 76 I will be dead long before they arrive  :(

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rayprit said:

Think you will find his stock is not being restocked once its gone................been watching that site for months for various gannet bits that I need which are  sold out ............type in gannet to his search and everything is sold out - has been for months...............same as alleycats site........sold out months ago................I hope I am wrong, but the bits I am waiting on, at 76 I will be dead long before they arrive  :(

Check the last update on the home page - he isn't selling through his website any more, he's only selling through Models For Sale. He's a one man band, and not full time so they can only restock on what he produces.

Have you notified MFS of items you're interested in? If there's no feedback on demand for an item it's not going to be priority to restock.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of the info, advice and replies. All duly noted. Seems that I shouldn't hold my breath on this one.

@Dave Swindell Thanks. I did drop MFS a line asking if there would be a re-stock. They told me to keep an eye on the website, so hopefully the interest was logged. I can't be the only one that wants a Spitfire prototype in 1/48.

Cheers!

Steve

• Like 1