Revell 1/72 F-111C

spacer.png

A8-125 was, IIRC, the first to arrive in Australia and was definitely the last F-111 to fly ever.   I added a closed Pave Tack,a correct  boat tail and the chaff/flare dispensers in the tail.   Decals are by Aussie Decals.   The decals are silvered in a couple of conspicuous spots but I overpainted the worst bits which helps a bit. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And here are some of her doing her party trick which I was lucky enough to see an F-111C do in 2007!

spacer.png

spacer.png

David

• Like 35

Great depiction of our much loved and missed F-111’s there David.

The ‘Dump & Burn’ flypast during Brisbane’s annual Riverfire festival was always an impressive sight and you’ve captured this well with your model’s final images. This flypast still occurs each September, however we now see Super Hornets / Growlers, C-17’s and a smattering of choppers perform their stuff during twilight hours. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but is this kit a rebox of the Hasegawa kit? I didn't know Revell marketed a 1/72 F-111C.

No.  It's Revell's ancient TFX kit that was issued as an F-111C in 1967! 

spacer.png

David

• Like 6

20 hours ago, David Womby said:

No.  It's Revell's ancient TFX kit that was issued as an F-111C in 1967! 

spacer.png

David

I learned something. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gidday David, beauty-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder and all that but I think the F-111C with it's wings extended was one of the most graceful aircraft to ever take to the skies. I built a 1/72 kit for a young cousin about 40+ years ago (can't remember the brand), and scratched a simple 1/250 model out of balsa about 30+ years ago. I still have that. I also saw a dump-and-burn one evening here over the Swan River many decades ago.

I like the three configurations of your model here - swept, extended and the show-stealer/party-trick.  👍👍👍 Very well done.

Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1